Advertising Sales Representative - Columbus OH at Clipper Magazine
Posted in Advertising 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
BUILD your career with an organization that is a leader in national advertising focused on local flavor. As part of our team, you will help our clients reach more than 211 million homes each year with the best deals available.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and delivers hope to missing children and their families across the nation through its involvement in the Have You Seen Me?® Program.
CREATE our future by delivering highly relevant, useful and smart content - when and how people need it - to make the best decisions possible in navigating their local community.
We are the best local advertising in America with a national reach.
Clipper Magazine is a leading provider of multi-channel, hyper-local advertising and promotional solutions for businesses all over the country. Clipper's distribution includes more than 500 local editions and specialty publications across 29 states, with each issue comprised of money-saving deals and coupons from local merchants as well as great offers from major regional and national businesses. Clipper Magazine's affiliated publications include Mint Magazine®, Local Flavor®, and REACH Magazine, plus numerous specialty publications. Clipper also operates Total Loyalty Solutions - custom apps and advanced loyalty technology solutions for small and medium sized businesses; Spencer Advertising - a full-service advertising agency; and the online deal and coupon site LocalFlavor.com.
· Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
· Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
· Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
· We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
This field sales representative role will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve quotas. This new business development professional will play a key role in increasing revenues by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads and qualifying prospects. We are looking for an outgoing, driven individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to join the roots of our organization, our Sales Team. Our Sales team is not only the foundation of our growth, but also gets results for our Customers by consulting on their advertising needs. We have a full product portfolio of print, digital, postcards, inserts and menus to build their business.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- New business development, prospecting, in the field cold-calling on prospective clients
- Evaluate potential client needs and work with that business owner to establish solutions and build productive long lasting business relationships
- Daily SalesForce, CRM system reporting
- Client presentation, securing ad approval, contracting payment collections and ensuring a smooth sales process
- Responsible for follow-up and customer service to facilitate renewals and introduction of additional products and marketing concepts
Experience & Skills:
- Prior field sales experience helpful, especially advertising sales experience, but not mandatory
- Strong prospecting and closing skills
- Above average organization, multi- tasking and time management skills. Ability to work within aggressive deadlines critical.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively build professional business relationships
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Reliable transportation
- Valid Driver’s License & In state car insurance
- Computer w/high speed internet
If you want to challenge yourself to exceed expectations and earn money based on your success we want to talk to you!
Harland Clarke Holdings, to include its affiliated and subsidiary companies (Harland Clarke, Valassis, Scantron, NCP Solutions, NCH Marketing Services, Clipper Magazine), is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, Mary Claar at .