Un-Armed Security Guard Supervisor at Akima, LLC
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Homestead, Florida
AGS specializes in compliant, innovative, and efficient detention management, health services, and records and document management services. AGS safeguards some of the most demanding missions facing key federal agencies including the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Air Force.
Come be a part of a top notch team, apply today!!
Description: Akima Global Services (AGS) LLC, is currently planning for temporary, intermittent unarmed security services for Unaccompanied Minor Shelter Center in Homestead, Florida. Guards provide for security patrols, access control, security related escort duties, traffic and parking control, and security and safety response and surveillance. While these are the primary duties, other security related duties may be assigned as needed and required. Security Guards report to an immediate Supervisor who provides instruction and direction. Security Guard Supervisors ensure all posts are properly staffed by approved security officers, monitor daily activity of the security staff for the shift assigned, and ensure that all security staff perform assigned duties in accordance with policy and procedure.
Full and Part Time Unarmed Security Guards are needed for this vacancy announcement.
Responsibilities & Duties: The duties of the Unarmed Security Guard Supervisor for the HHS/ORR Unaccompanied Minor Shelter Center include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor facility security through use of control center cameras, roving patrols, and post security checks.
- Ensure the security of the facility, shelter care residents, employees, and visitors by securing and protecting personnel and property through placement of security guards at established posts with no missed post assignments.
- Ensuring all posts are properly relieved as required for breaks and shift changes.
- These responsibilities continue until relieved by the oncoming Supervisor.
- Report all violations of orders you must enforce.
- Give the alarm in case of disorder or emergency.
- Report unusual events that threaten the security of the center or endangers life or property.
- Take reasonable counteraction to save life and property or lessen danger.
- Maintain supervisor of all entry and egress points are required by the contract.
- Conduct physical and Electronic surveillance in all areas of assigned responsibility.
- Provide for Center Traffic Control when required
- Maintain checklists and checkpoints throughout your assigned shift
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a H.S. Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have three (3) + years of experience in an armed security/law enforcement related profession, either civilian or military.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Must have intermediate written English skills, including ability to prepare detailed written reports and fill out forms;
- Must possess a Florida State Security Guard Card;
- Must be able to pass all training and obtain all required certifications.
- Must be able to pass a company background investigation to include criminal, credit and driving record, and fingerprint checks.
- Pass Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) check.
- Must meet client suitability.
- Bi-Lingual ability to speak and understand Spanish is considered a positive factor;
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.