Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
The Senior Buyer position manages the sourcing of IT related services, licenses agreements, and hardware spend while continuously identifying and implementing opportunities to lower total cost of ownership. This position supports a fast paced agile IT organization, with a focus on building internal applications and enhancing current operating platforms with next generation technology to include machine learning and artificial intelligence. Activities include leading cross functional project teams, executing sourcing strategies, driving supplier relationship management, and negotiating terms and conditions.
Knowledge / Skills
• Analytical problem solving skills to produce best product/service at lowest total cost of ownership within required time frames.
• Business acumen to analyze commercial business, procurement issues and risk management issues with continuous improvement mindset.
• Knowledge of sourcing strategies, and methodologies related to service and construction procurement.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written presentation form.
• Ability work in a collaborative team environment within Supply Chain and stakeholders.
• Knowledge of SAP (Preferred)
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Products
• Experience negotiating complex IT agreements for Software licenses, cloud / Software as a Service, and IT consulting services
• Ability to work on multiple assignments effectively in an agile environment
• Knowledge of relevant supply markets and understanding of sources of supply market intelligence.
• Experience analyzing industry trends and conditions to inform sourcing strategies
• Knowledge and ability to utilize e procurement tools effectively
• SAP knowledge a plus
Indoor office environment
Experience / Education
• Minimum 6 years’ total work experience (4 years for Buyer level)
• Minimum 4 years’ of procurement or category management experience (2 years for Buyer level)
• Utility procurement experience a plus
• Experience working in matrixed organizations
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering or related disciplines or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications & Licenses
Join American Water. We care about water. It's what we do.®
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.