at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Fostoria, Ohio
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Director of Nursing to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with current applicable Federal, State and Local standards, guidelines and regulations, Independence House policy and procedure, Independence House ethical statement and resident rights, subject to the employee handbook, and as directed by the Director of Nursing to assure that the highest degree of resident care can be maintained at all times.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Must possess a valid and current RN license in the State of Ohio.
- Minimum of three years experience in long term care setting.
- Maximum exposure in regard to universal precautions.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to nursing home operation.
- Possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and nonprofessional personnel.
- Have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- The individual must provide care needed as directed by policy and procedure within the scope of an RN license.
- This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens (HBV, HIV etc).
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in working with individuals with various stages of Alzheimer/Dementia and knowledge of the aging process preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent communication skills to perform daily tasks.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.