Dietary Aide Main (CCS- Birchaven Village)
at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Findlay, Ohio
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
This position is responsible for performing a variety of kitchen duties as directed by supervisor. Duties will be performed in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, Independence House policy and procedure, Independence House ethical statement and resident rights, subject to the associate handbook.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to speak in sentences.
* Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to count.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
* This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
* High school diploma or equivalent training or up to one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
During the performance process, please assess the level at which the staff member achieves the job accountabilities. Please use the "Comments" section to document specific examples of performance issues, staff member's strengths and/or shortcomings, areas of suggested performance improvement and other comments as appropriate to further the staff member's growth and development.
Duty 1: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide dietary services appropriate to needs of the residents served on his/her neighborhood or area.
Duty 2: Demonstrates leadership and personal accountability for performance to ensure quality food service is given to each and every customer.
Duty 3: Keep area where working clean and sanitary. Is able to operate the dish machine, washes pots, pans and other food service items. Sweep and mop floors in kitchen and servicing areas. Remove trash and garbage as directed.
Duty 4: Restock shelves, counters and storage areas with food service equipment.
Duty 5: Adhere to unit standards of dress, and attend scheduled meetings as well as all mandatory competency training.
Duty 6: Displays service excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote resident satisfaction.
Duty 7: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and regulatory compliance.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.