Secretary/Receptionist Physicians Plus (BVHS) at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Findlay, OhioJob Description:
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To greet patients as they enter the Physicians Plus Urgent Care and to receive any paperwork that needs to be transferred for processing of a patient through the department. To observe and respond to the needs of persons or patients waiting for exams.
Duty 1: Plans and develops interactions with the Physicians Plus Urgent Care for health related services appropriate to skill level and based on current industry standards to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 2: Is able to identify the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate regulatory agencies and is compliant.
Duty 4: Collaborates with Physicians regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 5: Demonstrates knowledge of department and management line of authority and follows proper line of communication.
Duty 6: Maintains appropriate educational experiences for skill level
- Must be able to enter charges and keep records
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Meditech experience
- Clerical/Receptionist experience with public contact
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate must be able to sit for 8 hours a day and be able to lift fifty pounds, and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity to operate machines. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.).