Secretary/Receptionist Physicians Plus (BVHS)
at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Findlay, Ohio
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To greet patients as they enter the Physicians Plus Urgent Care and to receive any paperwork that needs to be transferred for processing of a patient through the department. To observe and respond to the needs of persons or patients waiting for exams.JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Duty 1: Plans and develops interactions with the Physicians Plus Urgent Care for health related services appropriate to skill level and based on current industry standards to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 2: Is able to identify the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate regulatory agencies and is compliant.
Duty 4: Collaborates with Physicians regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 5: Demonstrates knowledge of department and management line of authority and follows proper line of communication.
Duty 6: Maintains appropriate educational experiences for skill levelREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to enter charges and keep records
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Meditech experience
- Clerical/Receptionist experience with public contact
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate must be able to sit for 8 hours a day and be able to lift fifty pounds, and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity to operate machines. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.).
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.