RN Emergency Services (BVHS)
at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Findlay, Ohio
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager of Emergency Services, the RN adheres to established standards of practice including activities and behaviors that characterize professional status. Possess a knowledge base related to collection and processing of data related to physical, psychological, and social needs of non-critical and critical status patient. Implements the nursing process in the care of all patients and understands regulatory and legislative issues that affect the practice of emergency nursing.
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their significant other(s).
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served on their unit.
Duty 4: Collaborates with Physician regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 5: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in the performance of LPN's, Nurse Aides, Orderlies, and Secretaries to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
Duty 6: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 7: Maintains all department and unit specific competencies for provision of patient care.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing and a current Ohio RN license
- Maintain current state licensure
- BLS certification yearly
- Required ACLS certification (within 6 months of hire)
- Required PALS certification (within 6 months of hire)
- Required TNCC certification (within one year of hire)
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/ department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Emergency department experience or related skills
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.