ER Benefits Advisor/Advocate - 16 hrs/wk, 3rd Shift at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Findlay, OhioJob Description:
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To provide screening for ER patients in an effort to determine financial responsibility or assistance available. Responsible for accurate information collection, and providing exemplary customer service.
- Duty 1: As part of the ER discharge process, provides patient estimates for services received, and collects insurance co-pays and balances.
- Duty 2: Screens, educates and assists patients who may qualify for assistance including, but not limited to, Medicaid, HCAP, and Charity.
- Duty 3: Informs patient of all payment options and financial assistance available
- Duty 4: Keeps and maintains Meditech cash drawer. Consistently documents payments via Point of Service payment, or ER copayments via USPS. Responsible for balancing the Meditech cash drawer at the end of each shift.
- Duty 5: Assists with outpatient insurance verification as needed. Assist with outpatient charts for next day services.
- Duty 6: Continues to stay informed of any statute and/or regulation that could affect collections for receivables (i.e. insurance company changes, collection regulations, uncompensated care guidelines, etc)
- Duty 7: Files patient orders for future appointments. Prepare paperwork for next day accounts.
- Duty 8: Performs daily 3rd shift Admitting office duties. Enters accurate patient demographic and insurance information into the Meditech system, per Registration Specialist job description.
- Duty 9: Acts as liaison between the facility and patient/family to resolve problems and/or address complaints.
- Duty 10: Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skills and competency levels. Participates in and fully supports New hire and other department training and shadowing. Provides a positive learning environment and compassionate mentoring.
- Duty 11: Has ability to problem solve and offers assistance as needed to all customer groups.
- Duty 12: Performs all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with and supportive of the mission and value statement of Blanchard Valley Health System.
- High School Diploma required.
- Exceptional customer service skills a must.
- Data entry and/or PC experience required.
- Medical terminology coursework or knowledge required
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status.
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- College coursework preferred.
- Registration, patient advocacy, and collections experience preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motion. Individual must be able to sit four hours a day, walk two hours a day and stand two hours a day with intermittent lifting, bending and squatting. This position requires an individual to lift 50 pounds and reach work above the shoulders. Associate must have good eye/hand coordination with the ability to grasp, push and pull, fine finger dexterity and manipulation. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Associate must be able to push patients in a wheelchair and carry their luggage. The associate must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers.