Patient Access Benefits Advisor/Registrar - PRN at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Findlay, OhioJob Description:
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Arranges for the efficient and accurate registration of all patients. Obtains required signatures and provides general information regarding hospital policies, registration procedures, benefits, patient rights, and patient financial responsibilities. Responsible for accurate information collection, and providing exemplary customer service.
- Duty 1: Ability to Register/Pre Registers and/or Admit patients.
- Duty 2: Conducts insurance verification for active eligibility. Performs QA on accounts from other departments and provides feedback as needed.
- Duty 3: Offers estimates for cost of outpatient testing to all unscheduled patients.
- Duty 4: Collects patient email address and assists with Patient Portal Facility enrollment.
- Duty 5: Informs patient of all payment options and screens for financial assistance when applicable.
- Duty 6: Conducts medical necessity screening for all Medicare patients. Offers ABN and obtains appropriate signatures as required. Documents activity in the appropriate system fields.
- Duty 7: Acts as liaison between the facility and patient/family to resolve problems and/or address complaints. Explains registration procedures, wait time expectations, hospital policies, and responds to questions/concerns regarding insurance benefits. Has a strong focus and commitment to Service Excellence and Patient Satisfaction.
- Duty 8: Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skills and competency levels. Participates in and fully supports new hire and other department training and shadowing. Provides a positive learning environment and compassionate mentoring.
- Duty 9: Has ability to problem solve and offers assistance as needed to all customer groups.
- Duty 10: Performs all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with and supportive of the mission and value statement of Blanchard Valley Health System.
- High School Diploma required
- Data entry and/or PC experience required
- Medical terminology coursework or knowledge required
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- some related college preferred
- Registration and Patient Advocacy experience preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent bending, squatting, kneeling, and twisting. The associate must be able to sit for three hours, walk for one hour and stand for two hours per day. The associate must be able to lift 20 pounds. The individual must have excellent eye/hand coordination to operate various office machines. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.