Summer Intern (Class of 2018 Graduates) at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Would you like to work in an office in the heart of downtown San Francisco where suits are rare, creative ideas (and people) are commonplace, and the views are sweeping? Do you love free coffee, but don’t want an internship where you’re making it for other people? Then Edelman may be the place for you.
Edelman San Francisco is looking for interns to join our world-class team of communications marketing professionals this summer. Interns work closely with the account teams and are responsible for assisting with implementing and monitoring projects within a specific set of accounts under the direction of a supervisor.
Edelman internships are designed to propel your career in the ever-changing arena of communications marketing. Candidates are usually recent college graduates who majored in PR, Marketing, Advertising or another field related to communications.
Internship program logistics…
- Our Interns are post-graduates and work a full-time schedule (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm).
- Summer interns must be available full-time for up to 3 months starting in early July 2017.
- Internships are paid at $17.00 per hour, plus overtime when approved by management.
- Please note only individuals who are authorized to work in the United States will be considered.
- Candidates must complete the online application, including pre-screen questionnaire.
What’s in it for you…
- 3-6 months of on-the-job experience. You’ll work with and learn from some of the best communications professionals in the industry, at the largest independently owned communications marketing agency in the world.
- Exposure to a variety of exciting brands. You will have the chance to work on communications campaigns for trusted brands across a variety of industries.
- A paycheck! This is a full-time, paid internship after all.
- A possible career. We look to our pool of amazing interns first when new Assistant Account Executive opportunities become available, so roll up your sleeves, bring you’re A game and dive in for a chance at one of these coveted positions.
What you’ll be up to…
You’ll work closely with and support the needs of your assigned account teams. Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Drafting press releases, media lists, fact sheets, editorial content and much more. This is where your writing skills come in handy!
- Learning the basics of your clients’ business – i.e. product/service offerings, media targets, and competitors, to name a few.
- Conducting social media monitoring and reporting. Yeah, that’s right. You’ll be cruising social media at work and getting paid for it.
- Monitoring client and competitor media coverage and drafting coverage recaps for your team.
- Updating media lists and pitching media contacts, under the direction of a supervisor.
- Assisting with the preparation of press kits for distribution.
- Assisting with research projects and new business audits.
- Participating in creative brainstorms when invited by a supervisor.
- Staying up-to-date on industry news and trends. Again, you and the Internet will be spending a lot of time together.
You will have graduated college with a bachelor’s degree (woohoo!) and are on the hunt for a full-time, paid internship in communications marketing and public relations.
- Proven organization skills and the ability to adapt to new assignments, deadlines, and conditions quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – whether presenting to colleagues, drafting emails to clients, or participating in brainstorming sessions.
- Strong research skills and a demonstrated ability to become a strong writer.
- Developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of people across multiple accounts.
- Basic understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with the public relations discipline through past coursework or other internships is highly desirable.
- The ability to manage multiple deliverables at once. Things move fast around here.
- Leadership capabilities, demonstrated through volunteering and extracurricular activities.