14 Medical Assistant at Adams and Associates
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Responsible to provide administrative and clinical medical services for the Treasure Island Job Corps Center Wellness Department. Ensures confidentiality of sensitive information and compliance with all HIPAA laws.
Treasure Island Job Corps Center (TIJCC) is a vocational training program for low-income youth (ages 16 - 24) funded through the Department of Labor. Students are educated in vocational training programs like Culinary Arts, Plastering, Cement, and Certified Medical Assistant. In the event a student has not obtained a High School Diploma, they will be enrolled in a HSD program on center. It is our goal to train and educate our students to provide them with the necessary skills to join the workforce in their vocational area of study.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs administrative duties for the Wellness Department including answering the phone, greeting visitors and patients, scheduling appointments processing and distributing mail, preparing reports and maintaining medical records and related files.
- Conducts cursory medical tasks as directed by supervisor may include measuring/monitoring vital signs, recording patient history, performing basic lab tests, collecting lab specimens and other authorized medical tasks as requested.
- Assists Wellness Manager to coordinate medical, mental and dental services for students.
- Maintains all student health records, ensuring they are accurate, complete and properly filed.
- Ensures that student health files are in compliance with guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with HIPPA and other applicable laws and regulations regarding patient privacy and the maintenance of medical records.
- Performs first aid treatment, bedside patient care and other wellness services as required.
- Maintains a clean, organized and sanitary environment within Wellness Services.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred.
- CMA or RMA certification required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Suite of applications required.