Buyer I - Hopkins, MN at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
Maintains responsibility for the profitable procurement and timely delivery of products for assigned lines. Works closely with Category Managers to achieve the goals of the category business plan. Provides supply chain/inventory management for a limited promotionally active grocery desk and corresponding financial accountabilities. Buys in accordance with all policies and procedures established by the Company, Category Manager(s), and Distribution.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Reviews acquisition costs to ensure items purchased are at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need. Assesses current inventory to determine order quantity.
- Completes forward buy research, analysis and makes recommendations to Category Manager. Completes purchase order input based on review of stock status report and safety stock levels.
- Reviews monthly display planner to determine what inventory levels are needed to meet ad requirements.
- Conducts post-promotional reviews and analysis to determine if promotional requirements were met and if there were problem areas, develops solutions. Conducts loss prevention reviews and recommends package changes to the category team.
- Conducts logistics planning processes while ordering products to attain the best net product price possible. Manages inventory investment to attain projected category profitability.
- Reviews and resolves pre-books/scan based issues received from stores or division personnel, may require reordering product or accepting product returns from stores.
- Completes quarterly scorecard to assess whether inventory, service level and category profitability were attained.
- Visits stores, as needed, to monitor programs, obtain store feedback and to assess overall implementation effectiveness as needed.
- Approves Accounts Payable variance processes for distribution sourced items to ensure correct prices have been invoiced.
- Resolves store billing questions by interfacing with distribution and store associates. Resolves store distribution issues by acting as a liaison with the Transportation department and store associates.
- Maintains all necessary department files and records. Maintains assigned SKU integrity maintenance in system.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Operations to maintain the proper product flow through the facility, in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant work experience preferred. A degree in marketing, accounting and financial management practices preferred. Store department managerial experience preferred.
- This is the entry level buying position.
- Previous store operations experience or similar experience where an understanding of operations and merchandising approaches has been gained.
- Familiar with procurement, logistics and inventory management practices.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, experience in taking initiative and making appropriate decisions.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within and outside the company.
- Computer aptitude with the ability to use spreadsheet and word-processing software.
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.