Mgr, Manufacturing Engineering at Meritor, Inc.
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: York, South Carolina
This position will be accountable for organizing, planning, and directing the engineering function to optimize the planned utilization of the plant and equipment, while ensuring environmental standards are met. In this position, you will provide strategies that work in a High Mix, high and low volume production environment and you will develop and execute strategies to use within the Meritor Production System that meet the company vision and long term strategic goals. This position requires the use of lean manufacturing principles to minimize inventory, maximize throughput, and optimize facility utilization.
• Manage the manufacturing and plant engineering function.
• Prepare and track the Capital Planning process. Prepare capital appropriation request as required.
• Establish and attain departmental goals compatible with the total plant and divisional objectives.
• Provide technical and managerial leadership in all phases of manufacturing processes and plant engineering projects.
• Supervise and develop departmental engineers and supervisors.
• Responsible for the facilities adherence to local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
• Serves as primary liaison with cross-function Product Development Teams providing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) input for new products, and acting as the primary interface and transition of new product to a full production environment.
• Utilize the Meritor Production System (MPS) to conduct assessments of existing or proposed manufacturing processes to provide focused improvement opportunities to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce inventory, reduce lead times, increase quality and improve safety and ergonomics.
• Utilize value stream mapping to identify and eliminate waste as well as evaluate potential changes in workflow to maximize production efficiencies.
• Lead cross-functional teams to implement 5S improvements, standard work, set-up reduction, and problem solving/rapid change Kaizen activities.
• Knowledge of or desire to be involved with Six Sigma methodologies and ability to be trained at the black belt level minimum.
• Bachelor's degree required; Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering preferred
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a heavy manufacturing production environment required
• Product launch experience with increasing responsibility in Operations, Engineering, and/or Continuous Improvement required
• Previous supervisory experience required
• Expert user of appropriate office and manufacturing related technologies, CAD and/or 3D literacy a must.
• Understanding/expertise with ERP Systems required, preferably Oracle
• Proficient in PC application software (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint required; Minitab preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to influence senior management, teams and individuals across multiple cultures, disciplines and geographies.
• Previous experience with lean manufacturing methods, Toyota Production System based manufacturing, and implementing all aspects of Total Productive Maintenance.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.