Director - Customer Service Applications at Prudential
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Roseland, New Jersey
Prudential’s Individual Solutions Group is on a journey to transform its technology landscape from older, custom built applications to newer, packaged, cutting edge software. The Director, Customer Service Applications (Annuities) will be responsible for building and leading the technical and business testing groups, including leading large teams.
Directs system development and implementation process including analysis, design, development, testing, and ongoing support for the client areas application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms. Responsible for a portfolio of application systems and may be the authoritative single focal point for these applications in supporting the production environments. Consults with functional leaders in the analysis of short and long-range business plans and coordinates activities with other BU or functional heads.
Responsible for project planning, scheduling, status reporting, budgets and staffing. Responsible for implementing projects consistent with long range data processing plans and installation standards. Maintains relationships with vendors and professional organizations. Partners with IT vendors to influence product roadmaps to provide Prudential with competitive advantage using industry best practices and trend. Performs related duties as assigned or requested. Provides leadership and direction through managers and staff. Develops departmental plans, including business and or organizational priorities
This leader will define and develop/support Best in Class IT programs, processes, and policies to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and goals. Partners with multi-departmental leadership and other stakeholders to locate opportunities and develop and prioritize programs/projects according to relevant measurement criteria.
Responsible for providing systems support and systems maintenance across multiple platforms; supports corporate and business area systems, distributed processing, client server, internet intranet, and Web site applications in support of our clients. Reports to the Vice President, Product & Service, Beneficiary Service Support.
We are looking for someone who loves a good challenge and can work collaboratively, across teams in support of others’ work at all levels.
We are transforming the way we engage our work, our talent and our many constituents of Life Insurance and Annuities businesses through the adoption of Agile. As outcomes, we seek to continuously improve the service experience of our existing 20+ million customers, provide preference-based access and engagement with new customers, retain and attract top talent to create a diverse, engaged and fulfilled workforce as well as maintain our top-tier, rock solid marketplace reputation. We care about the new and innovative. We care about our customers and their families. We care about our distributors. We care about our talent.
- Implement and support Annuities’ customer service application portfolio with end-to-end accountability
- Lead and develop talent consistent with Life & Annuities Technology’s talent strategy
- Partner with Architecture to develop application portfolio roadmaps that enable business strategy
- Collaborate and develop relationships with other technologists by partnering, pairing and sharing
- Work with a general direction and exercise independent thinking
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, MIS, or related (or equivalent practical experience)
- Ten (10) plus years of experience in the position offered, as Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, or related
- Ten (10) plus years of experience using Java & some of the related development tools details in the "Job Responsibilities" detailed above
- Test Driven Development (TDD) mindset & experience is a plus
- Experience in the software development lifecycle especially Agile methodologies is a plus
- Business and technical background in the Annuities, Insurance or Financial Service industry is a plus