Inside Sales Representative - Latin America Channel Partners at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
If you are a people-oriented person with a strong genetics background and a knack for creative problem-solving, Illumina’s Inside Sales team may be the right fit for you. Illumina provides this opportunity to driven, energetic and solution-providing professionals who are looking to begin or advance their careers in the biotech sales field.
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) for Latin America is responsible for successfully positioning and selling Illumina products professionally and creatively within an established Channel Partner network. The job involves engaging and qualifying new and existing customers alongside our partners, positioning Illumina products to provide solutions to their projects and business needs, and partnering closely with other internal and field-based members of the sales team that are in pursuit of common sales goals. The ISR role is exciting and challenging as you have the opportunity to work with top academic institutions, research enters, and business organizations around the world utilizing your scientific knowledge and lab experience while selling products for the world leader in Genomics.
The position is an internal sales position and requires minimal travel time (10%).
- Develops a strong understanding of Illumina’s technology and products and continues learning as Illumina’s product portfolio evolves
- Establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintains/grows existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals. Takes an analytical approach towards executing optimal solutions for an issue or opportunity.
- Demonstrates capability to present versatile and unique solutions during customer negotiations in order to establish mutually beneficial circumstances for the customer and Illumina.
- Has the ability to learn, change, and gain from each experience to become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios.
- Works effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities.
- Manages partner relationships post-sale, including a strategy to develop long term business relationships
- Develop strategic plans for winning new business with the channel partners, expanding market share, and building upon existing programs manifested by a qualified pipeline of opportunities
- Develop trainings for channel partner sales teams on Illumina Sales process
- Initiates, develops, builds, and maintains long-term relationships with all levels of customers
- Collaborate with Regional Illumina Team and Channel Partners to provide creative solutions to resolve customer challenges, empowering and inspiring others to think and approach challenges in innovative ways
- Fluent in Spanish
- Strong Genetics and Molecular Biology foundation to allow for a better understanding of the broad variation of customer applications in order to uncover sales potential.
- 2+ years of experience in a Life Science laboratory, Sales role, or a related field with customer-facing experience.
- Experience with strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts is preferred.
- Conducts presentations effectively, professionally and comfortably to customers/peers/management.
- Preferred knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing and Genotyping methods.
- Self-motivated to continue learning beyond initial onboarding within the role.
- A demonstrated desire to be an effective collaborator within a team selling environment and a willingness to provide and seek feedback from teammates.
- Strong desire to “win” and build customer relationships.
- Approaches tasks with urgency. Willingness to plan, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Must have a B.A. or B.S., preferably in Biology / Genetics
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf