Supply Clerk - Objective at University Hospital (Ongoing Posting)
at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Health Care 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin as a Supply Clerk!
We are seeking a Supply Clerk to:
- Work in a challenging, fast-paced, environment requiring organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interact with a variety of computer applications to ensure timely and accurate inventory transactions
- Interact with customers, both in person and over the phone, in a professional and supportive manner
- Be a member of a cohesive team assisting and supporting each other
- Work in a variety of locations such as University Hospital, American Family Children’s Hospital, and the Digestive Health Center
Minimum - High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Preferred - Previous work experience preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Mathematical skills necessary to document inventory transactions and track product usage
- Computer skills necessary to interact with applications used to perform all inventory transactions
- Ability to communicate with team members, in writing as well as verbally, regarding any issues that arise
- Ability to work in a team environment with internal as well as external contacts
- Physically able to work on their feet for extended periods of time, with bending, stooping, twisting, lifting, and carrying of supplies necessary throughout the work shift
Heavy: Ability to lift up to 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
100% or 40 hours per week. Day shift, evening shift, or night shift positions may be available. Participation in on call rotation is required for weekends and holidays. If selected for an interview, shift preferences and availability will be discussed at that time. Weekend and Holiday rotation will be required.
University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet®-designated facility that’s ranked Wisconsin’s #1 hospital and considered one of the nation's leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral centers.
Learn more about this opening
UW Hospital and Clinics benefits
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.