Marketing Automation Senior Manager at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Illumina is seeking a Sr. Manager to lead the design, implementation and administration of Marketing automation capabilities leveraging the Salesforce Pardot and Marketing Cloud products. As a core project team member, the Sr. Manager will lead the definition of the Marketing processes and work with business and technical analysts to lead the deployment of the Pardot / Marketing Cloud platform. Candidate must have extensive experience in designing and administering end-to-end marketing business process, and integration with Salesforce.
- Lead the definition of the end-to-end marketing process, including campaign management, lead generation and nurturing, lead qualification and scoring, lead routing and handoff to Sales, Lead and Contact segmentation and analytics to support marketing ROI assessments.
- Serve as the functional expert for Pardot and Marketing cloud platform
- Work closely with Sales, Sales Operations, Channel Partner and Contract Management teams to clearly define the handoffs across the Campaign to Cash processes
- Lead the requirement definition, user acceptance testing, training and on-boarding of the Marketing end users
- Able to work independently, manage ambiguity, set appropriate goals and priorities, proactively raise issues by indicating appropriate level of urgency
- Lead functional discussions and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences, moving between providing process and requirement details and sharing past experiences and industry best practices
- Work on a mix of sustaining issues, enhancements and projects in a fast-paced global environment
- Partner with the development team in the design, testing and deployment of changes to ensure the solution meets the agreed upon business requirements and is supportable and scalable
- Partner with IT colleagues in a collaborative way for cross functional review/design and proactive communication
- Independently manage identification of and coordination of enhancements and projects from end-to-end by applying functional and project management skills
- Be a product owner for the Marketing stack and participate in an agile scrum style delivery methodology
- 6-8+ years of extensive experience in defining and administering Marketing automation processes
- Hands on application usage and administration with marketing automation tools such as Pardot, Marketing Cloud, Eloqua or Marketo. Experience with Pardot and Marketing Cloud preferred.
- Experience working on integrations between Salesforce and related CRM applications such as CVent, etc
- Salesforce, Pardot or Marketing Cloud certifications preferred
- Experience in administering applications governed under regulatory compliance such as HIPAA, FDA or SOX
- Ability to use critical thinking and logic skills to isolate and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Great time management and prioritization skills; Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work off-hours or be on call as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to create and execute test plans
- Strong collaboration skills with global workforce
- Ability to interface well with cross-functional teammates
- Working knowledge of change and release management best practices
- Background working with global teams across multiple regions
Preferred Experiential Background:
- Experience supporting integrations with Salesforce, Cvent, Seismic / AEM (Content management) and other marketing business systems
- Experience in Life Sciences, Biotech or other high tech industry a plus
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf