Maintenance Supervisor / Millwright - Stone Mountain, GA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: stone mountain, Georgia
Job ID: 127024
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage, and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
The Maintenance Supervisor / Millwright will oversee Maintenance Personnel and assist in repairing plant equipment (Batch Plant Systems, Mixers, Silos). The Maintenance Supervisor / Millwright is responsible for the day to day operation of the Maintenance Department and its activities in accordance with OSHA and plant policies and procedures. The Maintenance Supervisor / Millwright will ensure smooth and safe production operation during shifts, train and coach maintenance employees to perform efficiently and safely, and assist in new equipment installation or existing equipment modifications. Candidate must be able to supervise his own, as well as other maintenance technician work.
Essential Job Functions
- Primary accountability will be to support Oldcastle Precast by maintaining the equipment in the plant at optimal condition
- Must fully integrate and take a leadership role in driving a safety culture where employees identify and mitigate safety risks before they occur, and strictly adhere to safety programs
- Ensure that the maintenance team works diligently to address equipment downtime/failure regardless of the hour of the day or weekend
- Work closely with the Production Manager to schedule work that is required by the maintenance team to optimize productivity
- Review daily work orders for scheduling, planning and completing work
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery
- Assemble, install, test and inspect machines and equipment
- Troubleshoot and determine appropriate repairs, replace defective parts as needed and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on the equipment, as needed, and overhaul the equipment when necessary
- Create, maintain and complete required tasks, scheduled PM’s and maintenance records of all major equipment in a database
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of special projects/maintenance work with both internal and external vendors in addition to preventative maintenance
- Diagnose failing equipment through direct observation and through conversations with equipment operators
- Prepare for scheduled maintenance and coordinate efforts of both employees and external vendors
- Manage maintenance supply inventory and coordinate resupply as needed
- Focus on a variety of plant maintenance, repair, and installation operations as assigned and directed by the Plant Manager
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- High school diploma / equivalent required
- Must have experience in the maintenance field
- Welding skills required
- Strong working knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to review and understand machine blueprints
- Ability to use hand tools and basic machine shop equipment
- Ability to read a tape measure and add/subtract fractions
- Lifting may be required with assistance provided if needed
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.