Industrial Electrician at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: DeQuincy, Louisiana
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Industrial Electrician – DeQuincy, LA
Are you a self-motivated individual with electrical experience? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as an Industrial Electrician in DeQuincy, LA. This role creates value by performing preventative maintenance and troubleshooting manufacturing equipment. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity and we are very interested in learning more about you!
Our facility located in DeQuincy, LA manufactures Southern Yellow Pine Lumber used in both residential and commercial construction. These products have a long-standing reputation for being strong, reliable and consistent, making them the preferred product on many construction sites. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining electrical systems to include electrical distribution and manufacturing process equipment
- Maintaining and troubleshooting PLC terminals
- Maintaining transformers, relays, ladder logic, motor starters, AC/DC drives, hydraulic and pneumatic valves and controls, and 480 volt motor starter and controls
- Performing daily preventative maintenance routes
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of one (1) year of electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience with single and 3-phase electrical repair and troubleshooting up to 480 Volts
Experience reading and interpreting electrical schematics and/or Ladder Logic
Experience using a computer for basic record-keeping and documentation functions
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for eight (8) hours per day
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience troubleshooting Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
Experience with VFD’s and motor control devices
- Experience with PanelView, FactoryTalk, and RS View
- Experience with Ladder Logic
Two (2) year degree or higher in Electrical Technology
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf