Process Advancement Specialist
at TimkenSteel Corporation
Posted in Architecture 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: CANTON, Ohio
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
This position is aligned to be the process/continuous improvement expert for the manufacturing supply chain. Develop, lead and facilitate the supply chain process improvement efforts to ensure that year end business plan results are attained and longer term strategies are realized. Develop, prioritize and implement tactics to improve performance and ensure alignment with company objectives.
To accomplish these goals, this role will need to conduct high levels of process analysis to determine improvement opportunities in the area of equipment performance and supply chain process advancement that results in: improved safety, reduced cost, increased throughput, higher levels of customer service and improved quality. The role will also support the CI process with group leadership of focused, cross-functional teams to brainstorm, develop, and evaluate improvement ideas; then prioritize, implement, monitor and further improve the ideas that result in improved safety, increased EBIT, increased throughput, reduced cost, and/or improved quality.
- Lead and Implement CI tactics to enhance plant operational and supply chain performance via increased throughput, on-time-delivery improvement, delay reduction, cost reduction, increased EBIT, cash generation and quality improvements, in a manner that maintains or improves the workplace safety. Actively participate, as a partner with the TimkenSteel management team, to establish goals and realize them.
- Lead and support engineers and/or process experts within the business in the development of new processes that lead to improved safety, reduced cost, increased throughput, and improved quality.
- Best Practices developed and implemented across the Supply Chain and Manufacturing in the areas of Process Advancement and Continuous Improvement.
- Teams effectively created, organized, and leading the development and implementation of process advancement that achieve business goals and sustain ongoing continuous improvement. The focus areas of this role are Manufacturing and Supply Chain processes.
- Support high level technical analysis where required to achieve improvement objectives. Utilize high level tools such as simulation, FEA, multiple regression analysis, etc. Develop, coordinate and implement technical experiments that may be complex or novel in nature.
- Interface with manufacturing and supply chain resources within all areas of TimkenSteel to ensure alignment and effectiveness of internal teams to meet the Process Advancement Goals of the Business. Work closely with purchasing teams to identify cost reduction opportunities and then implement those where appropriate, across the plants. Interface with technology resources outside of the company to ensure alignment and effectiveness of internal teams to meet the Process Advancement needs of TimkenSteel.
- Support the development and implementation of longer term, strategic goals that support the Process Advancement of TimkenSteel. Establish and sustain a culture of continuous improvement and world-leading safety performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business or business with at least 12 years of experience in manufacturing or continuous improvement OR
- Master's degree in Engineering or Business with at least 10 years of experience in manufacturing or continuous improvement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.