F&A Intern at UPS
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Location: Edison, New JerseyJob Description:
The Finance Intern will gain exposure to the Finance and Accounting (F&A) function as well as International Finance & Accounting. He/She will assist with data gathering, documentation of requirements and implementation activities for various projects in the area of Finance and Accounting systems and process improvement. The intern also complies and prepares reports, graphs, charts, and written financial summaries, using Business Intelligence software, or other Microsoft Office product and interprets financial data to provide information to management. The intern supports a defined operational group and communicates with various management levels.
The UPS Finance and Accounting Internship program is designed to immerse the interns in the corporate culture and expose them to situations in which they can observe management behavior and interactions.
Successful internships may lead to future opportunities with UPS.
- Utilize Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) to create training documents, analysis, and presentations
- Data mining with various financial tools
- Assist with development and implementation of reporting for projects/processes
- Assist the manager with project management
- Perform other duties as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to plan and complete work with thoroughness
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and follow through with various duties and tasks
- Currently working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, or other business-related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)