SPECTROSCOPY SCIENTIST / ENGINEER at John Zink Company, LLC
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Louisville, Colorado
John Zink is looking for a Spectroscopy Scientist/Engineer for its Zolo product line!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Providing high-level technical direction in TDLAS and WMS hardware, software and application development.
- Contributing to system integration design and best-practices for new and existing products.
- Becoming an in-house subject matter expert in TDLAS and WMS.
- Developing computational models and software algorithms for TDLAS and WMS commercial products.
- Trouble-shooting field applications as it relates to TDLAS and WMS hardware and software.
- Working in a team environment to accelerate the development and deployment of state-of-the-art spectroscopy solutions for our customers.
What You Will Need:
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- Understanding of absorption spectroscopy principles and its application in industrial settings.
- 4+ years of experience in Opto-mechanical system development and use.
- Experience in software and hardware integration in harsh industrial environments.
- Good organizational, technical and communication.
- Experience with Windows based high-level programming languages a plus (e.g. C, C++, Java and/or VB).
- Strong testing and experimental practices in small and large-scale environments.
Why Work For Koch Companies?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about John Zink Hamworthy Combustion?
Company Description: John Zink Company traces its roots to 1929 when John Steele Zink resigned his position at a gas company and began designing and selling a new burner that reduced fuel costs by burning natural gas more efficiently. The innovation and success of this product spread quickly throughout the industry and led to the company selling burners to refineries around the world. As time passed, other combustion related equipment, including flares and thermal oxidizers, was added to the product offering.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion continues this legacy as a global leader in developing next-generation products, technologies and solutions to increase efficiency and enhance air quality through the clean, efficient combustion of fossil fuels. John Zink branded products include flares, flare gas recovery systems, boiler and process burners, thermal oxidizers, and vapor and biogas control systems.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion has more than 1,600 employees worldwide to serve our global customers. Our world headquarters is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with additional European operations in Luxembourg, the UK, and sales and service offices strategically located worldwide.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion's technologies are put to work every day by industry giants worldwide that refine oil, produce plastics, distribute fuels, transport energy, and manage waste. Our engineers literally wrote the book on combustion; The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook is an industry standard reference book. Since its publishing, this book has been a top seller of technical reference books.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion has a team of world class researchers that uses a variety of approaches to develop patented technologies and continuously improves our portfolio of products. Our Research and Development Test Center, located at our Tulsa headquarters, includes a wide range of state of the art testing capabilities. The next generation of ultra-low-emission combustion and environmental systems is engineered and exhaustively tested at industrial scale to measure performance under a wide range of operating conditions. A team of Ph.D. engineers uses advanced computer hardware and computational fluid dynamic software to solve complicated turbulent fluid flow problems involving multiple step chemical reactions and non-linear heat transfer.
The world-renowned JOHN ZINK INSTITUTE sets new standards in knowledge-sharing through accredited, practical courses on process and boiler burners, process and biogas flares and vapor control technologies. Our world-class management systems are recognized and certified for meeting or exceeding industry standards in quality (ISO 9001), safety and health (OHSAS 18001), and the environment (ISO 14001).
John Zink Company LLC is a Koch Chemical Technology Group, LLC company. To learn more about John Zink Hamworthy Combustion, visit www.johnzinkhamworthy.com.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf