Industrial Electrician at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Warm Springs, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Industrial Electrician - Warm Springs, GA
Are you a self-motivated individual who has experience installing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment? If so, Georgia-Pacific is hiring an Industrial Electrician for its facility in Warm Springs, GA and we are interested in learning more about you!
Our facility in Warm Springs, GA has been in the community and in operation for forty years. Our location manufactures Plytanium® plywood sheathing which is ideal for residential and light commercial construction and Ply Frame® Panels which are softwood & hardwood veneer used for commercial and residential construction, home remodeling, large DIY projects and upholstered furniture framing. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhere to plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Repair and maintain electrical equipment
- Read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics to troubleshoot and install equipment
- Take an active role in a quality maintenance program to reduce production waste and achieve production quality goals
- Maintain housekeeping standards
- Complete daily and Preventative Maintenance (PM) work orders in a timely manner
What You Will Need:
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED and five (5) years of industrial manufacturing experience, or an Associate Degree (or Certificate/Diploma)
- Willing and able to work any shift, variable start times, overtime, weekends, and holidays as scheduled
- Experience with 480VAC, 3 phase motor circuits
- Experience with 120VAC and 12-24DC control circuits
- Experience reading electrical schematics, P&ID (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams), and mechanical drawings
- Experience installing industrial electrical equipment
- Willing and able to obtain a mobile equipment license and operate mobile equipment, as required
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work on machinery at various heights
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience with programming, monitoring and troubleshooting PLC ladder logic (preferably Allen Bradley/Rockwell RSLogix 5, 500, & 5000 software packages)
- Experience installing, examining, replacing, and/or repairing Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and AC/DC motor controllers
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience with installing conduit
- Knowledge of Pneumatic/Hydraulic equipment
- Knowledge of HVAC systems
- Willing and able to provide personal metric and standard hand tools to include but not limited to: wire cutters, wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, pliers, etc
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf