Licensed Practical Nurse - Treatment/Injection Room (Tacoma Specialty 0.9 FTE) at Kaiser Permanente
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Tacoma/Olympia, Washington
Our Tacoma Specialty Medical center is looking for an LPN to work in our Treatment/Injection area. The Treatment center provides wound care, immunotherapy and walk-in care to patients of all ages.
Provides direct and indirect nursing care to patients in routine nursing situations, under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or provider. Is an integral member of the healthcare team, collaborates with the RN and provider to implement and monitor a patient centered plan of care plan Functions under the direct supervision of the RN or provider in complex situations in which the patient is unstable or requires urgent or emergent care.
- Call Management and Virtual Medicine – follow KPWA guidelines for call and in basket message handling per scope of practice, follow work flow standards, document call in electronic medical record
- Telephone Management and Follow-up – Answer inbound calls promptly and courteously, recognize urgent/emergency situations and refer to appropriate staff, refer appropriate calls to complex case managers, encourage patient to use on-line resources when appropriate, conduct followup
- calls, provide preventive care instruction when directed/ appropriate, triage messages and forward as appropriate
- Is able to adapt clinical practice to patients with special needs (age specific needs, disabilities, interpretive services)
- Clinic flow/office management – complete assigned work in EPIC in-baskets, collaborate with provider to anticipate daily needs, efficiently coordinate flow and maintain pace
- Perform patient rooming as needed per PC standard Rooming Guidelines
- Screening of walk-in patients
- Take & record routine VS, postural VS, apical pulse, perform EKG (depends on care setting),
- Recognize & respond to urgent/emergency situations as BLS team member. Participates in clinical emergencies under direction of the registered nurse or provider
- Patient Care – Use safety and universal precautions
- Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Renal & Genitourinary, Neurological, Gastrointestinal, Musculoskeletal, Integumentary, Ophthalmology/Otolaryngology, Pediatrics in Primary Care, positioning techniques, specimen collection
- Prevention/Chronic Care – complete outreach assignments, follow-up on patient after UC/ED visit
- Acute Care – Assist with procedures as directed, perform selected nursing procedures, administer medications, administer and monitor IV therapy
Minimum Education Requirements
Vocational School/Certificate Prog Degree from an accredited program.
Minimum Knowledge/Skills Requirements
Basic or limited None
Basic or limited Knowledge of electronic patient charting systems.
Minimum Experience Requirements
Other Experience Recent ambulatory care experience.
Minimum License/Certifications Requirements
At time of hire Current Washington State LPN license. Current Basic Life Support certification.
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: LPNs Travel: No