Application Developer (Entry-level)
at Equifax Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Equifax is a global leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions that provide businesses of all sizes and consumers with insight and information they can trust. Equifax organizes and assimilates data on more than 600 million consumers and 81 million businesses worldwide. The company's significant investments in differentiated data, its expertise in advanced analytics to explore and develop new multi-source data solutions, and its leading-edge proprietary technology enable it to create and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers. Headquartered in Atlanta, Equifax operates or has investments in 19 countries and is a member of Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500® Index. Its common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol EFX. In 2013, Equifax was named a Bloomberg BusinessWeek Top 50 company, was #3 in Fortune's Most Admired list in its category, and was named to InfoWeek 500 as well as the FinTech 100. For more information, please visit www.equifax.com. Equifax is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
The Application Developer (Entry level) will be responsible for running the day to day operations of the Global Consumer Solutions (GCS) platforms. The successful candidate will actively participate in the daily production operations activities that impact important components /processes of the IT work function.
- Work activities specific to Production Operations Engineer / Developer role includes:
- Problem/Incident Management
- Operational Readiness
- Application Monitoring
- Service Analytics and Reporting
- Production Governance
- Change/Configuration Management
- Serves as the escalation point of contact between the GCS IT organization and internal and external stakeholders for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved issues, problems, and service requests
- Responsible for troubleshooting and triaging incidents with internal teams and external vendors
- Participates in live support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation in a 24x7x365 environment
- Define, design, recommend proactive and reactive solutions that effectively return measurable results
- Resolve incidents / problems and escalate to Management as needed
- Analyze problems using Problem Management Tools for Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Improve operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features
- Address/remediate application defects
- Performs routine assignments
- Analyzes discreet sets of information in routine situations
- Uses existing procedures to make routine decisions
- Organizes own work, following established processes or work plans and taking direction from others
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Experience in Technology software and infrastructure, such as Java, HTML, Stratus, SaaS, Substrate, Mongo, MySQL, Oracle, Monitoring Systems, Databases, JIRA, Confluence, UI/UX, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience with programming languages
- Knowledge of IT technologies
- Production Operations background 1-3 years
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment pipeline using Agile methodologies
- Medium to strong grasp of automation tools
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with reaching across technical and functional borders
See Job Description
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.