Architecture and Engineering Designer I
at American Tower Corporation
Posted in Architecture 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
The Architecture and Engineering ("A&E") Designer I provides computer-aided drafting ("CAD") and detailing for the development of A&E drawings for zoning and construction on simpler wireless tower sites with documentation covering equipment on towers and in compounds that is required for new construction, modifications associated with collocation/amendment activities and back-up power installations. The incumbent also provides drafting for templates required to establish prototypical designs for program development and any other CAD services as required by the A&E Service group.
- Prepare A&E drawings that include equipment on towers and in compounds associated with new sites and collocation/amendment activities.
- Prepare templates for program development.
- Prepare other drawings and CAD products as needed by A&E Services.
- Coordinate with A&E team and equipment vendors to incorporate vendor equipment data into documents.
- Collaborate on design matters with the A&E staff.
- Basic knowledge of wireless tower equipment and compound layouts.
- Ability to produce A&E drawings and be accurate and detail oriented.
- Proficient in computer software programs, including AutoCAD and Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the American Tower organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in a related field preferred
Preferred experience includes at least one of the following:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the telecom industry
- Minimum of 1 year of steel fabrication detailing experience
- Minimum of 1 year of mechanical or electrical detailing experience
- Minimum of 1 year site civil drafting
- Minimum of 1 year experience with AutoCAD, 2010 or higher
Approximately 95% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 5% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
American Tower Corporation (“ATC” or the “Company”) is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.