Structural Designer I
at American Tower Corporation
Posted in Architecture 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
The Structural Designer I provides computer aided design ("CAD") drafting and detailing for the development of simple modification drawings for guyed, self-supporting and monopole towers, and foundations. The incumbent also provides drafting and detailing for new foundation designs and any other CAD services as required by the Structural Engineering group.
- Prepare modification drawings that include upgrades, extensions and reinforcements to towers and foundations.
- Prepare foundation drawings for new towers
- Prepare other drawings and CAD products as needed by Engineering
- Create preliminary bills of materials, quantity estimates, and fabrication drawings for proposed reinforcing projects for budget estimates.
- Collaborate on design matters with Engineering staff.
- Basic knowledge of structural components and design methods
- Ability to produce structural modification drawings and be accurate and detail oriented
- Proficient in computer software programs, including AutoCAD and Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the American Tower organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in a related field preferred
- Preferred experience includes at least one of the following:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the telecom industry
- Minimum of 1 year experience in construction or field engineering of steel structures
- Minimum of 1 year of steel fabrication detailing experience
- Minimum of one year experience with AutoCAD, 2010 or higher
Approximately 95% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 5% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
American Tower Corporation (“ATC” or the “Company”) is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.