Garage Door Installer at Overhead Door Corporation
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
NationServe/Wayne Dalton, a division of Overhead Door Corporation has an immediate opening for a Garage Door Installer.
Responsible for multiple tasks involving the take down of old doors and/or equipment, installation and service of new doors, operators, and associated equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate appropriate door and service requirements for each job.
- Establish the needs of each job and document the full installation/services needed.
- Determine if added work needs to be performed and measures needed to assure approved installation of product. Alterations, construction modifications and obstructions must be noted before each job is to begin. Documentation of the work to be performed is presented to the customer for approval and acceptance.
- Prior to commencement of work determine if appropriate tools and equipment are working and/or available.
- Perform related minor work in framing, build-in's, and adjustments.
- Install/service garage doors using appropriate tools, hardware and equipment.
- Install/service manufactured garage door operators.
- Perform residential installation/service on a wide range of products, to include hinges, operators, door sections, springs, torque masters, locks, etc.
- Care and maintenance of equipment and tools provided by NationServe
- Maintain appropriate parts inventory in the vehicle to ensure quick and available items for repair, service and installation services.
- Minimize call back ratio.
- 6 month -1 year related installation or construction experience
- Excellent telephone, written and verbal communication skills while interfacing with all levels of staff and customers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to read a tape measure and convert nominal measurements
- Willingness to learn product and processes.
- Must have valid DL
- High School Diploma or GED
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Ability to work in outside weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive standing, lifting, reaching, bending, climbing, & kneeling
- Working on ladders at varying heights.