Web Development Manager at Batesville Services Inc
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Batesville, Indiana
Who we are
With annual revenues of nearly $600 million, Batesville is the clear leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems, and leading-edge technology designed to help funeral directors succeed. The company’s relentless pursuit of quality, customer service and innovation has propelled Batesville to the forefront of the death care industry.
Our success hinges on providing the right combination of high quality products and professional and technical resources that enhance a funeral home’s business and create positive relationships with families. While products and services have changed over time, Batesville’s mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love ®has remained the same for more than 100 years.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
The Web Development Manager has the opportunity to set the direction of our web-based solutions. You will manage a team of developers who manage the various technologies we use to provide web solutions to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Directly supervise application developers in the design, development, testing, implementation, and support of customer web applications.
Manage development of web-based technology offerings for the funeral industry. Offerings range from hosted websites to 3rd-party integrations and mobile applications.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of product releases, including all associated resources, to meet committed delivery dates.
- Work with product owners and project managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for development projects and other activities such as customer integration and professional services delivery while meeting stakeholder expectations.
- Implement and maintain standard development processes including coding standards, peer reviews, design sessions, etc. Maintains diligent focus on modern data and infrastructure security challenges and opportunities.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Directly supervise employees and contractors.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance to the Company policies, the Code of Ethical Business Conduct and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or Computer Programming
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years related Web/Software Development experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of management experience in custom application development
- Experience in ColdFusion/Lucee, Perl, MySQL, Java, Web Applications, Servlet Programming, Jakarta Tomcat, MySQL, Visual Studio.net, MS SQL, XSL
- Application and/or web development
- 3rd-party hosting experience
Employee must be able to travel 10% of the time.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay + Health & Welfare Plans
- Vacation & Paid Holidays; flexible work arrangements
- Generous 401K Matching Program – 4% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance: Basic Life, Group Term Life, Voluntary AD&D & Business Travel Accident Coverage
What Sets Us Apart
We Develop From Day #1: We promote an on-boarding experience focused on individual training through our Experience Batesville program. Our focus on intentional talent development continues through our Batesville University offerings and education events. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career focused discussions and advancement opportunities.
We Take Care of Our Associates: We present on-site wellness services including a clinic offering free health care & prescriptions to plan members, the revolutionary Bod Pod Assessment & Weight Management Program, and Market C – a vending management kiosk offering fresh food and convenience items when you need to grab a quick bite on the go. *
We Support Each Other: Our mission is to help families honor the lives of those they love® and to carry that mission through to our team, we host an annual Remembrance Day to help our associates honor the lives of those they love.
We have Fun! We work hard and when it’s time to play hard, our Tree is Me committee focuses on planning and promoting team events such as: our annual Associate Christmas & Children’s Parties, Summer Picnic, March Madness & Putt-Putt tournaments, Cinco de Mayo, Super Bowl and many other fun activities.
We Give Back: In addition to planning associate events, our workforce is encouraged to volunteer through our One Campaign, which helps associations within the local community.
*These services are currently offered at our corporate campus in Batesville and will be expanding to some additional site locations.