Instrumentation & Electrical Technician
at Flint Hills Resources, LP
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fairbank, Iowa
Who are we? Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Flint Hills Resources is currently seeking an Instrumentation & Electrical Technician to join our team in Fairbank, IA. In this role, you will apply your technical skills and troubleshooting ability to ensure a safe and reliable production.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Repair or replace parts, rewire, install related instrument/electrical items including conduit and/or wiring
- Ensure that all work performed is completed by following all local and national electrical codes including 4160v, 480V, 220V, 110V, 24V DS, and 4-20 mA loops and circuits
- Preventative and proactive electrical tasks and compliance procedures
- Assist with emergency and scheduled shutdowns while performing regular mechanical duties as directed is required
- Inform management of any instrument/electrical parts needed and assist with maintaining the required instrument/electronic/electrical parts inventories
- Assist in developing, training and reviewing all pertinent instrument/electrical programs and procedures including Arc Flash Hazards and electrical integrity
- Maintain licensing by attending state required code classes
- Support efforts to maximize production through creative problem solving, adaptation, and correction of process bottlenecks
- Complete work orders and document the time, tasks and parts/supplies needed to complete the project
- Maintain updated documentation as required
What You Will Need:
- 2 years of experience as a multi-craft maintenance technician in an industrial manufacturing environment OR a 2-year technical degree
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to install industrial electrical equipment, read technical work orders, drawings and schematics
- Ability to calibrate, configure, and repair measurement/control instruments for flow, level, pressure, temperature, and pH including associated valves and valve actuators
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work at other locations as needed, for example, Shell Rock, IA and possibly other out of state locations
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work an on-call rotating schedule
This role is subject to pre-employment physical abilities test.
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, kneeling, crawling and grasping. Standing for extended periods of time, walking up to one (1) mile per day, and data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour
Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
Ability to push up to 90lbs
Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
Ability to climb up to 200ft
Ability to grip up to 100lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (Hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- PLC/DCS I/O troubleshooting experience
- Associates degree in Applied Science (electrical instrumentation) or Automated Technology of Industrial Instrumentation or ISA certified (CCST) or two years of study in a technical field
Want to learn more about Flint Hills Resources?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.