Facilities Technician at Flex
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: MANCHESTER, Connecticut
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Responds to service calls and in-house repairs throughout the facility.
- Troubleshoots, responds to work orders, repairs systems and equipment.
- Installs office fixtures and performs work in various maintenance trades including mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
- Routine assignments include moving furniture, materials and equipment.
- Conducts scheduled preventative maintenance and breaks down equipment for clean up.
- Converses with equipment operators to ascertain problems with equipment before breakdown, and to determine if breakdown is due to human error or mechanical problems.
- Tests faulty equipment and applies knowledge of functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Tests electronic components and circuits to locate defects.
- Replaces defective components and wiring and adjusts mechanical parts.
- Aligns, adjusts and calibrates equipment according to specifications.
- Calibrates testing instruments.
- May maintain records of repairs, calibrations and tests.
- Enters information into computer to copy program from one electronic component to another, or to draw, modify or to store schematics.
- Oversees emergency system backup.
- Ensures plumbing, sewer, water, electrical and mechanical systems are functional.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good Basic math skills
- Basic knowledge of weights and measures
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills
- Good planning and work area organizational skills
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- 2 years experience repairing or troubleshooting injection molding machines
- Experience repairing or troubleshooting CNC and other tool making machines
- A Journeyman's license in the electrical or mechanical trade is desired.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryOperationsFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.