Business Development Manager - Protection & Controls
at Electrical Reliability Services
Posted in Sales 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Electrical Reliability Services (ERS) is currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to support our expanding Protection & Controls offerings. Preferred candidates will live in one of the following areas: San Diego, Los Angeles or San Francisco/Pleasanton CA, Portland OR, Seattle WA, Denver CO, Salt Lake City UT. Other locations may be considered.
This is a high profile position reporting directly to the National Sales Manager - COE and will be accountable for accelerating ERS’ growth in its Protection and Controls service offering. This offering includes but is not limited to the following services: turn-key relay upgrades, advanced protective relay logic implementation, DC power systems upgrades and replacements, etc.
Develops and executes all phases of the sales plan.
- Develop and effectively manage all sales activities for the Protection and Controls program, within budget and timelines to meet performance expectations and requirements. Develop long-range competitive strategy for the offering, including annual marketing and sales plans. Interface effectively and on a regular basis with the Marketing Team, Regional Sales and Operations Teams, and the Emerson Process Management sales channel to support and drive the program. Develop and implement promotional/sales support activities that create service product understanding and awareness. Identify and develop relationships with key and targeted customers necessary to drive long-term business objectives. Administer all phases of the sales process to insure effective and timely customer service and response.
- Develop proposals for Protection and Controls solutions. This will include coordinating all required engineering resource support, procuring quotations, developing construction and testing estimates, documenting and finalizing work scopes, and creating final proposal documentation.
- Program objective including Sales and Orders volume and contribution margin along with expense account budget to be determined annually with ERS Senior Management.
- Important aspects of this position include; Solution and Value Added Selling experience in the utility market, direct end user utility customer contacts and knowledge of utility generation and/or transmission/distribution systems, Time Management, Presentation/Marketing Skills, Teamwork, Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Expense Account Management, and Excellent Computer Skills.
Thorough knowledge of electrical power systems protection and controls
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of protection relaying, especially microprocessor-based relaying for providers such as SEL, Basler, Beckwith, GE, ABB, Siemens, etc.
- Able to drive new opportunities for ERS on relay upgrade projects, provide all necessary upfront technical presentations, and self support the estimation process for those projects
- Responsible for customer relationship management.
- Directly support and sell ERS’ Protection and Controls offering to key end user customers, key industry partners, and contractors
Partner with the local ERS and/or Emerson Process Management sales teams to plan strategies, provide quality service, train personnel and provide support as necessary to for attainment of goals and objectives.
- Provide Marketing support.
- Work with ERS marketing to develop and implement national/regional/local marketing programs as necessary to support the program growth.
Identify and coordinate marketing research and literature development.
- Member of the senior management team.
- As a member of the senior management team, communicates effectively with the operations teams to drive customer satisfaction and growth. Participate as required on quarterly regional review meetings as requested.
Additional Information The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
- College degree required (prefer BSEE/BSEET and MBA) and 7 -10 years of sales / sales management / marketing experience. At least 3 -5 years of that experience must be directly in the supporting relay, relay services, or relay upgrade solutions with a heavy portion of that in microprocessor based relaying.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, 50% over night travel required covering sales territory.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Conduct walk-through of construction sites and work in and around electrical equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License required with clean driving record.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.