Posted in Architecture 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
The Field Service Technician is responsible for installation, commissioning, and scheduled or emergency service on Small to Medium UPS & Battery system products (2-120KVA) serviced by Liebert, commensurate with appropriate training certification. The Field Service Technician is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate. The Field Service Technician is primarily responsible to support products and services sold to our “Edge” market segment and dispatched through our Coordinated Services/CRC teams.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Rely on direction from Coordinated Services Dispatch team to accomplish goals
· Perform a number of UPS/Battery work related tasks
· Capable of working under direct supervision or independently based upon training
· Render on site and phone assistance to customers.
· Communicate with National Technical Support on equipment issues
· Perform work related tasks according to company guidelines for scheduled maintenance
· Implement Field Change Notices according to published guidelines
· Keep current on Safety Bulletins, Safety Field Change Notices, Field Change Notices, and Service Tips
· Operate in a safe manner in accordance with published safety guidelines
· Must wear appropriate PPE as per company guidelines and accordance with job duties
· Adhere to work hours policy guidelines – “14 hours rule”
· Report all work related accidents or injuries within 24 hours to the appropriate personnel.
· Provide accurate and timely reporting according to company guidelines
· Time cards, expense reports, mileage reports, ticket closure, forms et al.
· Maintain individual inventory in accordance with company policy
· Provide estimated time of arrival to the Customer Response Center where applicable
· Maintain company property according to company policies
· Vehicle, credit cards, PPE, test equipment, laptop, et al.
· Provide proper and adequate communication to internal and external customers
· Provide estimated time of arrival to the customer for where applicable
· Complete scheduled maintenance documentation properly and provide to the customer and local office upon completion of each designated assignment
· Strive to provide all customers a “first time fix” for their equipment
· Maintain customer satisfaction rates according to company guidelines
· Attend Customer Meetings as required
· Maximize productivity by combining service opportunities
· Complete all work in an efficient and timely manner
· Capable of making technical and commercial decisions under pressure
· Properly evaluate site and equipment for appropriate billing status
· Maintain productive utilization rate according to company guidelines
· Perform inventory cycle counts according to company guidelines
· Adhere to company dress code and safety regulations
· Meet or exceed on-site response time requirements for each customer
· Understand and comply with company startup/escalation processes and procedures
· Maintain proper and adequate level of internal communications
· Managers, co-workers, Support Services, electronic communications, et al.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Required experience (one or more of the following)
· ASEET, or progress towards – preferred
· Four to Six years military experience in a related field
· Equivalent industry experience
· Team Player
· Familiarity with electrical / electronic test equipment and fundamentals
· Ability to make basic site evaluation skills to include: environmental temperature, and general operating conditions
· Elementary fix/repair techniques based on directed supervision
· Capable of completing tasks and return unit to full operating conditions based upon directed supervision
· Ability to summarize and report all work related tasks performed
Strong skill sets:
· Communication skills
· Customer service skills
· Troubleshooting skills
· Safety procedures
· Organizational and planning skills
· Computer skills
· Mechanical aptitude
· Travel is required
· Variable schedules (weekends, evenings, and holidays)
· Valid driver’s license
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 75 pounds.