SUPERVISORY INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEM SPECIALIST, GS 1750-14, TRAINING DIVISION, QUANTICO, VIRGINIA (EXTERNAL)
at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Location: Quantico, Virginia
Open to ALL
U.S. Citizens Opening Date:
February 9, 2018 Closing Date:
February 23, 2018 11:59 pm (EST)
Questions regarding this opening should be directed to Shauna Rowe at (202) 324-7058 or firstname.lastname@example.orgJob SummaryPosition:
Supervisory Instructional Systems Specialist, GS 1750 - 14Division:
Quantico, Virginia (No public transportation is available)Working Hours:
8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Salary:
GS- $114,590.00 - $148,967.00Full Performance level:
GS - 14Number of Positions Available:
Full Time/Permanent Additional selections may be made from this announcement to fill positions within the same division when the position includes substantially the same duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Key Requirements
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance
ALL applicants must verify completion of the basic education requirement by submitting a copy of college transcripts by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.Mission Statement:
The mission of the FBI is to protect the American People and uphold the Constitution of the United States.Major Duties:
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Serves as a consultant and advisor for a variety of systematic training and curricula development.
- Plan, executes, analyzes, evaluates, and administers instructional systems development and design training courses.
- Plans, directs, and designs evaluation and quality control means to measures the effectiveness of training and instruction material and systems.
- Develops new ideas, techniques and program modifications.
- Conducts liaison with a variety of training and education program representatives to determine internal milestones and program goals to further program development.
- Develops, delivers and customizes briefings and presentations.
Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBI's Candidate Rating Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement and will be compared to your responses to the online assessment questionnaire. High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from Most Competitive status.
Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Most Competitive, Competitive, or Least Competitive. Names of candidates in the Most Competitive category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Veterans' preference will be applied.All applicants will be rated on the following Competencies:
Basic Education Requiremen
- Interpersonal Ability
- Organizing and Planning
- Problem Solving/Judgment
- Customer Service
- Education and Training
This position has a specific education requirement; all applicants must verify completion of this basic educational requirement by submitting a copy of their college transcripts by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.Degree:
that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work of the position to be filled. The course work must have included study in at least four of the following five areas:
1. Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology: Study of learning theories as they relate to the systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material.
2. Instructional design practices: Study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
3. Educational evaluation: Study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional/educational programs, including developing written an performance tests and survey instruments, and determing reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
4. Instructional product development: Study of the techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training.
5. Computers in education and training: Study of the application of computers in education and training, including selecting appropriate computer software.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements provided you can show foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States.
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university.Specialized Experience (SE):
GS - 14: Applicant must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS - 13 grade level. SE is defined as follows:
How to Apply
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and methods to include instructional design, systematic design, adult education and training guidelines and reguations.
- Experience with instructional product development, to include developing training materials, identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy and evaluating training.
- Experience conducting educational evaluation, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determing reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Possess a professional, proactive approach to problem solving and reasoning.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
The following instructions outline our application process:
Step 1: Click the "Start" button to begin an application. You will be prompted to either Sign In to continue the application or to register with FBIJOBS if you don't already have an account.
Step 2: Follow the Step by Step process to submit an application. You will be guided through each step in the process. You are required to complete all sections of the application to successfully submit your application.Required Documents
To apply to this position, interested applicants must provide a complete application package by the closing date which includes:
- Your resume, specifically noting relevant work experience and associated start and end dates
- A complete assessment questionnaire
- Other supporting documents ( if applicable ):
How to Attach Documents
- College transcripts, if qualifying based on education or if there is a positive education requirement
- Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50
- Most recent Performance Appraisal; not applicable to current FBI employees
- Veterans: DD 214; Disabled Veterans: DD 214, SF-15, and VA letter dated 1991 or later
To attach documentation as part of your application, please follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Follow the steps of the application process until you reach the Attachments step.
Step 2: Click "Add Attachment".
Step 3: Select the appropriate Attachment Type (or "Other" if one is not available).
Step 4: Populate the "Attachment Purpose" field. Click "Continue".
Step 5: Choose the device on which the attachment is located.
Step 6: Upload the desired attachment.
Step 7: To add additional attachments at this point in the application process click the "+" on the Attachments step.
To attach documentation to your Global Profile please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Login to your FBI Jobs account, and click "My Submissions".
Step 2: Click the "Add Attachment" located under the "Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
Step 3: Follow steps 3 - 6 above.You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the closing date of this announcement. If applying online is a hardship, please contact the HR Specialist listed in the vacancy announcement prior to the closing date for assistance.What to Expect Next
Once your complete application is received we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your ranking. The Most Competitive candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of your status throughout the process.Additional Information
Required Leadership Training
- The FBI is in the Executive Branch of the federal government. It is one of the components of the Department of Justice (DOJ). The FBI is the principle investigative arm of the DOJ. All FBI positions are in the excepted service.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and consent to a complete background investigation, urinalysis, and polygraph. You must be suitable for Federal employment; as determined by a background investigation.
- Failure to provide necessary and relevant information required by this vacancy announcement may disqualify you from consideration. Additional information will not be requested if your application is incomplete. You application will be evaluated solely on the basis of information you have submitted.
- The selectee will be required to serve a one-year probationary period for initial assignment to a supervisory position.
- If you are hired, you will be required to serve a two-year probationary period. Probationary employees are generally precluded from being considered for all job opportunities until their 12-months of their probationary period has concluded. Probationary Employees may be considered for competitive vacancies that are advertised within their respective division or field office after serving 90 days within the FBI.
- The probationary periods will be served concurrently.
: All FBI supervisors promoted after January 2013 are required to attend and complete the Leadership Development Program's (LDP) Leading People course before the expiration of their probationary period. Employees who previously attended the Leadership Seminar and other LDP courses are still required to attend Leading People. This four day, instructor-led course will help prepare supervisors for the leadership challenges specific to their new roles. Leading people will be held at the Center for Leadership Excellence in Quantico, VA. After selection, supervisors will be contacted by an LDP representative for enrollment and provided additional course information at this time.Veterans' Preference
If you are entitled to veterans' preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume and application. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.Nepotism
Nepotism is the act of favoring relatives in the hiring process, and is prohibited by law. Public officials are prohibited from hiring or promoting relatives or relatives of officials in their chain of command, as well as actively or indirectly endorse a relative's appointment or promotion.
During the hiring process, all selected candidates and FBI hiring managers will be required to certify they are not related to anyone involved in the hiring process.Reasonable Accommodation Request
The FBI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please notify the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Affairs (OEEOA) Reasonable Accommodation (RA) Program by either e-mail at REASONABLE_ACCOMMODATIONS@ic.fbi.gov , telephone at 202-324-2158, or FAX at 202-324-3976. Your request will receive an individualized assessment.
This e-mail address is only for reasonable accommodation requests. Please do not submit your application and/or any questions unrelated to reasonable accommodations. Should any applications be received, they will not be forwarded for consideration during the hiring process.Equal Employment Opportunity
The FBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise prohibited by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factors.Benefits
The FBI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation; sick leave; holidays; telework; life insurance; health benefits; and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.