International Regulatory Compliance Analyst
at Thales Avionics
Posted in Architecture 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Melbourne, Florida
TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT
Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader. We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year.
We are currently looking for a Regulatory Compliance Analyst to join Thales in Arlington, Virginia or Melbourne, FL. The International Regulatory Compliance Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, gathering and maintaining information about regulatory and compliance requirements, licenses, competition, regulatory consultations, business intelligence data and maintaining databases related to Thales FlytLIVE Connectivity. The Primary role is to provide methodological support, technical assistance and auditing, on regulatory compliance for the acquisition of authorizations and manage databases of regulations, current Licenses and Authorizations for all countries.
Skills and Experience:
- In partnership with system engineering and strategy management, this role is responsible to provide, support and submissions of regulatory filings, for country regulatory approvals of FlytLIVE Connectivity products and services.
- Provide intelligence and documentation on regulatory compliance for the acquisition of authorizations.
- Assist in preparation of country specific applications and technical materials including link budgets, transmission plans, satellite operator coordination letters, and other relevant technical and company data, for Thales FlytLIVE Connectivity products and services.
- In partnership with system engineering and strategy management, document pre-submission strategies, potential regulatory pathways, compliance testing requirements, or clarification and follow-up of submissions under review.
- Liaison with systems engineering and strategy management to create a standardized, regulatory checklist for obtaining all necessary regulatory approval and authorizations to suit Thales’ commercial requirements and timetable.
- Gather and maintain certification requirements database from government agencies for IFE Products to obtain radio type certification where required of Thales device equipment.
- Preparing or directing the preparation of additional information or responses as requested by regulatory agencies.
- Tracking and interpreting regulatory rules or rule changes and ensuring that they are communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Obtaining, distributing and maintaining updated knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents.
- Synthesize and create a database of worldwide Licenses and Authorizations obtained and outstanding (Telecom Regulatory and Aviation agency), including regulations, filing requirements and contact information for each of the countries agencies for all service approvals and IFE products.
- Document and track, Licenses and Authorizations obligations and deadlines, special and general provisions, Annual filing requirements, which are applicable for Thales compliance.
Are you ready to be part a part of something big?
- Associates degree preferably in Engineering (telecommunications, electrical, industrial, aerospace,) or related science, database engineering and analysis.
- 2-5 + years telecommunications regulatory compliance experience including global regulatory issues and licensing, database management and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and partner with all internal Thales teams involved in the certification process.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and ITU Radio Regulations.
- Research and interpret regulations as they apply to Thales service operations, including aero, maritime and satellite telecommunications systems is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain Databases and Analysis of telecommunications Licensing information.
- Preparation and filing of service/license applications and engineering statements in support of Thales in-flight entertainment systems and Earth Stations Aboard Aircraft (ESAA) services is preferred
- Understanding of regulatory compliance audits
- Innovative problem solver and key project leader
- Organized to handle multiple projects
- Proven communication skills
- Thrives in fast-paced and constantly evolving business environment
If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.