Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
About this Opportunity:
Regency Centers is seeking a PROPERTY ACCOUNTING MANAGER to join our corporate office located in Jacksonville, FL. The Property Accounting Manager is responsible for all accounting-related activities for a regional portfolio of properties including providing leadership and guidance to cross-functional support team members from other Real Estate Accounting departments. They ensure financial statements for regional portfolio of properties are reported accurately in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Also, they serve as regional liaison between Leasing and Property Operations teams and Real Estate Accounting.
* Perform period-end activities for assigned properties, such as review and finalize financial statements and schedules, reconcile monthly, quarterly and annual expenses and balance sheet items.
* Manage all day-to-day activities of Property Accountant to ensure all assigned activities are completed on time and accurately.
* Function as primary contact and liaison for Property Management and Leasing teams for all aspects of Real Estate Accounting. Work in conjunction with and support internal stakeholders (Property Management, Leasing, Joint Ventures, Financial Services, Capital Markets, and Corporate Accounting) with appropriate accounting data to help achieve Company objectives. Support Tenant Account Specialists and Property Managers during dispute resolution and collections.
* Review and approve all leasing commissions (both internal and external brokers). Review property acquisitions and dispositions to ensure compliance with GAAP. Review real estate tax, insurance, and operating expense recovery budgets. Review daily accounting activities such as journal entries, manual bills, re-classes etc.
* Support ad hoc data requests from Property Controllers, external auditors, and other internal customers.
* At least 3-5 years of accounting experience
* At least 1-2 years of management experience
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills
* Bachelor s degree with concentration in Accounting, preferred
* Technical writing skills preferred
* Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite preferred
* Intermediate level proficiency with JD Edwards (or related accounting software), Spreadsheet Server, and GL Inquiry preferred
* CPA or actively working to obtain CPA, preferred
* At least 2-3 years of direct experience working in commercial real estate preferred
Highly trustworthy and able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
* Strong capacity to adapt quickly in a complex learning situation
* Comfortable processing numerical data to reach conclusions or understand references; ability to quickly determine mathematical solutions to problems
* High energy level with a positive, upbeat attitude and the ability to multi-task
* Equal comfort in leading a team and being a part of a team with a structured environment
Capable of making objective decisions, occasionally relying on intuition when necessary
* High level of integrity and ethics
* Communicates effectively in a variety of settings, both verbal and written
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive compensation and benefits package includes a 401(k) profit sharing plan with company match, medical insurance with prescription drug coverage, dental insurance including coverage for orthodontics, vision insurance, an incentive-based wellness program, flexible spending accounts, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance, educational assistance, matching charitable gifts and flexible paid time off.
*Regency Centers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Regency Centers is a smoke-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening is required. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.