Estimator at L.E. Myers Co
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Established in 1891, The L.E. Myers Co. is recognized as a premier electrical contractor of large utility construction projects across the nation.
Why should you apply to be an Estimator for The L.E. Myers Co.? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Estimators have excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance, a 401K and more!
If you were to ask our employees across the country why they like working for The L.E. Myers Co, chances are they would say, whether you are a seasoned industry veteran or just starting out in your career, there's a place for you at The L.E. Myers Co. This diversity at all levels of our organization is the formula that builds stronger teams.
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
Estimator for projects involving high voltage electrical construction for transmission lines, distribution lines and substations. The estimator is an integral part of the electrical construction process and ensures competitiveness, profitability and growth.
* Preparation of complete cost estimates (labor and material) for electrical transmission and distribution lines as well as substations
* Close coordination with Project Management
* Preparation of bills of material and other information for use by purchasing
* Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
* Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency as well as data entry
* Additional duties as determined by Chief Estimator
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
* Prior experience estimating within civil, new construction, maintenance and retrofit projects especially with electrical projects highly preferred, but not mandatory
* Knowledgeable of the N.E.C and local codes helpful
* Able to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blue prints, proposals and other documents as they relate to the electrical work
* Knowledgeable with a wide variety of electrical materials and methods of installation; medium voltage experience is a plus.
* Computer literate and proficient with software such as Microsoft Office applications to include Word and Excel. Estimating software such as Accubid or equivalent preferred.
* Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction or related field desirable but not essential
* Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills
* Team player and able to work with various partners from start to finish
Self-driven and have the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies, MYR Group and its subsidiary companies do not accept agency resumes unless they are from an approved vendor and submitted through our Third Party Recruiter Portal.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, company employees or any other company location. MYR Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.