Alumni Relations Coordinator
at Harvard University
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Alumni Relations, this position coordinates a variety of complex tasks related to class reunions and special events. The Coordinator is responsible for handling all aspects of event registration and assisting with class reunion directories.
- Coordinates the full-cycle event registration process of 12 class reunions, with 6 classes in the spring and 6 classes plus Emeritus Club in the fall, as well as affinity reunions - with an average of 800 attendees per event, as many as 2,600 registrants per year.
- Creates online events and a variety of form options with the Certain Events tool. Maintains all registration data and creates paper registration and class reunion directory forms for the fall reunion.
- Prepares weekly statistical reports and assists registrants in registration modifications. Produces and posts weekly attendee list on WordPress reunion website.
- Inputs paper form credit card payments and oversees online payment processing, resolving event payment issues and issuing refunds via Certain, the credit card terminal, or with the Finance Office (depending on payment timing and method).
- Coordinates reunion folder material production. Collaborates with staff assistant in production of personalized alumni materials including nametags, itineraries and folders.
- Handles email customer service for reunion, alumni relations (general), and affinity accounts (if applicable); sometimes collaborating with - or covering for - the staff assistant who manages alumni relations phone calls.
- Organizes and oversees on-site registration desk during the events. Trains and supervises temporary support staff, colleagues, and students assigned to the reunion registration desk. Handles walk-in registrants and itinerary add-ons and all customer service issues.
- Assists the class reunion directory editor temp to coordinate communication with alumni, and advises on issues or questions. Helps coordinate the publication of 12 class reunion directories, affinity group directories, and furthers relationships with multiple vendors to coordinate online submissions and print production. Provides recommendations for changes in systems or processes for updates.
- Designs and implements the post reunion surveys for both attendees and non-attendees online, as well as a paper version as needed. Reports survey results.
- Coordinates and supports other Alumni Relations projects as needed.
Minimum of 4 years of related work experience, preferably in alumni relations or development.Additional Qualifications
Bachelor's degree preferred. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, over the phone, via email and in person. Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision. Must exhibit professionalism and diplomacy in working effectively with diverse constituencies and demonstrate self-confidence and poise. Ability to handle confidential matters and work within team structure required. Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities while maintaining high quality standards. Able to prioritize work effectively and be self-motivated to work independently and follow-through to meet department deadlines. Must have the ability to deliver high-level customer service, fulfilling numerous and varying program needs, often under strict deadlines and time pressure. Must be highly detail-oriented and efficient, displaying discretion and good judgment. Must be able to analyze reports and documents and make recommendations based on results. Must check results for accuracy.
Must be tech savvy with computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, but especially Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as familiarity with HTML, and general database principles. Knowledge of graphic design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is helpful. Event planning experience and familiarity with the Certain Events Tool, BSR Advance, WordPress, and SurveyMonkey is a plus.
Must have the willingness and ability to work overtime, as well as evenings and weekends when events are taking place.EEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.