Senior Real Estate Appraiser at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Hartford, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Commercial Real Estate Appraisal Department is seeking to add a full-time Senior Appraiser to support the real property collateral valuation process at Webster Bank. The Commercial Appraisal Department is responsible for ensuring safe and prudent lending practices. The Senior Appraiser is responsible for supporting the Appraisal Department by analyzing and resolving complex appraisal issues, documenting results and assisting the Commercial Real Estate Appraisal Manager and department staff as needed. The candidate will report to the Commercial Real Estate Appraisal Manager. The position will be located in Hartford, CT and will require some minimal travel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Solicit bids for appraisal/valuation services as needed
• Engage fee appraisers to complete appraisal/valuation assignments as needed
• Review real estate appraisal/valuation reports in a timely manner; prepare Standard 3 review or compliance review as appropriate
• Ensure appraisals are prepared in compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements as well as professional appraisal standards
• Ensure appraisals are prepared in conformance with Webster's commercial real estate appraisal policies and procedures
• Assist with internal and external audits as requested by Commercial Real Estate Appraisal Manager
• Assist with ad hoc projects or analyses as requested by Commerical Real Estate Appraisal Manager
• Continually expand knowledge of current topics, trends, and developments in commercial real estate valuation by attendance at industry events, seminars, etc.
• Act as a resource for associate appraisers and appraisal department staff
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree in related field required
• State Certified General Appraiser license in good standing required
• Knowledge of industry standards and practices, including compliance and regulations
• Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial real estate appraisal/valuation or appraisal review experience; review experience within a regulated financial institution preferred
• Must possess strong written, verbal and analytical skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs
• Must be able to translate higher level strategies into the daily execution of responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Must be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Willingness to work hours required to meet irregular demands and deadlines
• Experience with ARGUS Software preferred but not required
• Residential review experience preferred but not required