Senior Manager, Public Relations at Lundbeck Pharmaceutical Services
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Senior Manager, Public Relations
No company knows the brain better. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. At Lundbeck, we believe life is too beautiful to be interrupted by brain disorders. So, we pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration: it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Our advocacy for patients isn’t an invented “company value” – it is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our ongoing engagement with patient communities is not what you might expect from a pharmaceutical company – we create our own programs to help patients and caregivers not simply manage their conditions but thrive in spite of them.
The Senior Manager, Public Relations: leads public relations programming for select Lundbeck brands, which includes developing communications strategies for milestones, brand awareness campaigns and engaging key external influencers to drive results; serves as point person for managing key issues related to the company, its business and its brands; and proactively anticipates and prepares for issues the company faces, develops action plans and messaging, and counsels the team on appropriate communications to address or avoid them.
- Leads public relations programs for multiple brands to strategically support marketing objectives and deliver results that impact business objectives.
- Leads product PR strategy development and tactical implementation for CNS therapies.
- Maximizes brand news, including regulatory milestones and data publications/presentations.
- Develops and implements creative strategies to elevate brands throughout the year outside of major news events.
- Oversees development of meaningful content, such as press releases, infographics, videos and other shareable assets for external and internal use.
- Leads development and approval of external communications materials through internal legal, regulatory and medical review.
- Implements disease awareness campaigns, influence positive action, and engages as appropriate with patient communities, including third-party groups, individual patients and caregivers.
- Leads strategy and content for communicating with key influencers in the mental health space – online and offline; follows influencers and maintains updated database of contacts. Helps build relationships that result in mutual information sharing, driving awareness and advocacy of Lundbeck, its commitment and brands.
- Maintains strong relationships with media; develops a media relations strategy and serves as company spokesperson for multiple brands.
- Keeps abreast of new developments and ideas in the field of public relations and incorporates as appropriate into the development and execution of proactive public relations programs in support of Lundbeck and its products.
- Collaborates with Lundbeck social media team to drive brand PR programming via social channels.
- Manages external PR agencies to develop strategy and executes tactical plans across multiple projects.
- Leads Lundbeck’s overall issues management strategy, acts as primary point person to manage key issues on behalf of the company and serves as company spokesperson as appropriate.
- Works across the organization to capture input from company subject matter experts and translate swiftly into effective communications materials (Q&A, media statements).
- Manages internal medical, legal and regulatory review of all communications materials related to issues.
- Effectively manages media inquiries to get desired results for Lundbeck.
- Serves as strategic partner or in some cases lead for brand issues management plans. Coordinates across key functions and with headquarters. Ensures potential crisis situations that
- emerge through social or traditional media are effectively addressed with minimal impact on Lundbeck’s reputation.
- Serves as company’s issues expert – proactively anticipates and prepares for issues based on key priorities for the company and current healthcare environment, and counsels team on appropriate communications to address or avoid them. Stays abreast of key brand and industry issues, and keeps the organization informed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, English, Journalism or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in pharmaceuticals or healthcare PR
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing product or corporate issue/crisis communication plans
- Experience acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in responding to media inquiries
- Ability to understand the business, build strong cross-functional relationships and interact effectively from top of bottom and with numerous project teams, including external company partners
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and, at times, within ambiguous and undefined circumstances
- Strong relationship building, collaboration and influencing skills
- Professionally mature with sound judgment and the ability to build credibility within a complex environment
- Ability to draft communications materials that are suitable across a range of target audiences, including media, policymakers, patient communities and NGOs
- Exceptional written (drafting and editing) and verbal communications skills; can sensitively adapt communications to specific audiences – in tone and content
- Proven expertise handling crises/issues real time, either for clients or corporations
- Strategic and creative issues-management and communications thinker
- Ability to perform calmly and effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Self-starter with strong sense of initiative, focused on results; able to work well as a member of an integrated team, but can also work independently with limited oversight
- Experience managing functional budgets and hitting performance goals
PREFERRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Accredited Master’s degree, preferably in Communications, English, Journalism or related field
- In-house experience at a pharmaceutical company or other corporate environment
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience managing or writing content for social properties, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 10% domestically. International travel may be required.
See Job Description