Finance Operations Associate at NRT LLC
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, New Jersey
NRT LLC is the nation’s largest owner and operator of residential real estate brokerages operating in more than 50 of the 100 largest metropolitan areas in the United States, with approximately 790 offices and 47,500 independent sales associates in. NRT is a subsidiary of Realogy (NYSE: RLGY). NRT is ranked the No. 1 residential real estate brokerage firm in the U.S. for 20 years in a row, according to the REAL Trends 500 report. The ranking is based on 2016 closed sales volume and closed transaction sides for the nation's top 500 brokerages. NRT led the ranking with $166 billion in sales volume and 337,780 transaction sides on a pro forma* basis.
*This takes into consideration the estimated full-year performance of companies acquired by NRT during 2016.
Visit www.nrtllc.com for more information
The Finance Operations Associate will be an important member of the NRT East Finance Team and help ensure the department’s overriding goals of accuracy and providing timely, relevant information are achieved. The Finance Operations Associate will report directly to the Finance Operations Analyst or Finance Operations Manager. The Associate role will be an important member of the finance team and help with seeking out opportunities to improve performance and efficiencies. He/she will collaborate across several groups of the business to support both short and long-term business objectives and maintain a strong control environment.
- Prepare check requests for capital expenditures and assist with planning, forecasting and tracking capital expenditures for each metro.
- Assist with identifying, researching and communicating variances versus forecast to finance stakeholders.
- Support financial close activities and work with the controllership team to create journal entries and accruals as required.
- Proactively raise issues to manager regarding financial or operational metrics
- Collaborate with numerous groups in NRT and Coldwell Banker including Facilities, Financial Planning and Analysis, Field Finance Managers, Controllership and Financial Reporting
- Manage the payment process for agent marketing allowances
Prepare vendor and sales associate check requests for certain branch offices and metros
- Coordinate with Cash Receipts department to process sales associate check requests after appropriate approvals have been obtained.
- Coordinate with office administrator at Metro/Individual offices to address any issues/discrepancies including rejected check requests.
- Coordinate with Field Marketing Manager to obtain approval for marketing/advertising related invoices, including marketing certificates.
- Assist with managing the NTN (National Tenant Network) process by preparing check requests, refund requests, and journal entries
- Assist Financial Reporting and FP&A teams with reporting, budgeting, and forecasting needs as they arise
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 or 4 yr College degree
- 3+ years of similar financial/accounting experience
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; specifically Excel & Word
- Computer & analytical skills
- Ability to work with numbers (adding machine); computations (or calculations) & multiple computer systems
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Real estate industry experience preferred but not required. Willingness to learn and contribute a must.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload.
NRT LLC, a subsidiary of Realogy Corporation, is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) and will make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations.Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws Realogy will provide reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants upon request during the application process to ensure equal opportunities to be considered for employment.