Manager Materials & Logistics
at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
The Manager of Supply Chain Management is responsible for the overall materials function and coordinating the efforts of Production Control, Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Control; to ensure an orderly and cost effective system is developed and maintained which will enable production and sales goals to be met while minimizing freight dollars and inventory days on hand.
- Ensure on-time delivery of customer orders;
- Optimize personnel, equipment, freight and inventories;
- Acquire materials on-time;
- Anticipate and resolve problems with short-term and permanent corrective action.
- Select, motivate, train and ensure development of a competent department and material handling staff.
- Monitor and ensure departmental personnel conform to company policies and procedures while maintaining a safe and cost efficient environment at all time.
- Be familiar with and ethically operate in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and governmental procedures relative to purchasing and financial reporting activities.
- Establish, monitor and control department budget that will effectively contribute to the overall manufacturing objectives and plant / business unit and company goals.
- Employ techniques / methods for effective problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Implement purchasing, production scheduling, logistics and inventory control processes which ensures the availability of materials for an uninterrupted flow of production in accordance with delivery schedules, while maintaining minimum inventories.
- Assist with the development of inventory and freight budgets for the purpose of establishing acceptable inventory levels and freight spend upon which performance can be measure and operating controls affected.
- Manage the most economical inbound / outbound transportation routes, looking for opportunities to combine shipments, milk runs, and warehouse consolidation and distribution.
Education / Experience
- Education Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Finance;
- 5 to 10 years of applicable materials management experience;
- 5 to 7 years of formal leadership experience.
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) CPIM certification.
- Automotive or JIT broadcast environment experience.
- Applied lean manufacturing techniques including value stream mapping, leveling demand, kanban calculations and techniques.
- Experience with supply chain visibility tools.
- Applied logistics routing solutions including milk runs, consolidation, and running ratios.
- Trained in Six Sigma methodology.
- Experience with QAD / MFGPRO.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MRP / Order Fulfillment.
- Demonstrated competency in MSOffice Suite products.
- Above average communication skills - oral, written and presentation skills.
- Superior organization, planning and delegation skills.
- Superior process, analytical and problem solving skills - apply / execute formal techniques (e.g. Kepner Trego).
- Superior leadership skills - influence all facets of the organization, mentoring, coaching and teaching.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.