Finance Operations Analyst at NRT LLC
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, New Jersey
NRT LLC is the nation’s largest owner and operator of residential real estate brokerages operating in more than 50 of the 100 largest metropolitan areas in the United States, with approximately 790 offices and 47,500 independent sales associates in. NRT is a subsidiary of Realogy (NYSE: RLGY). NRT is ranked the No. 1 residential real estate brokerage firm in the U.S. for 20 years in a row, according to the REAL Trends 500 report. The ranking is based on 2016 closed sales volume and closed transaction sides for the nation's top 500 brokerages. NRT led the ranking with $166 billion in sales volume and 337,780 transaction sides on a pro forma* basis.
*This takes into consideration the estimated full-year performance of companies acquired by NRT during 2016.
Visit www.nrtllc.com for more information
NRT East – Finance Operations Analyst
The Finance Operations Analyst will be an important member of the NRT East Finance Team and help ensure the department’s overriding goals of accuracy and providing timely, relevant information are achieved. The Finance Operations Analyst will report directly to the Finance Operations Manager. The Analyst role will be an important member of the finance team and help with seeking out opportunities to improve performance and efficiencies. He/she will collaborate across several groups of the business to support both short and long-term business objectives and maintain a strong control environment.
- Manage the Capital leasing process for leased assets including but not limited to: Copiers, Postage Meters, Furniture, etc. for all owned Coldwell Banker offices nationwide.
- Assist in capital leasing decisions including cancelling, renewing, or purchasing leased assets and set up recurring lease payments as they arise.
- Assist the Accounting/Finance Manager with the planning, forecasting and tracking capital expenditures for each metro. Communicate with appropriate teams to determine status of projects and ensure projects remain in line with budget and expectations.
- Prepare journal entries and accruals as required (i.e. NTN, Marketing Amortization, Copier Usage, Capex Accruals etc.).
- Manage the NTN (National Tenant Network) process by preparing check requests, refund requests, and journal entries
- Manage the payment process for agent marketing allowances for East Region metros via sales associate check request and marketing spreadsheet.
- Support a variety of ad hoc projects as they arise
- Assist with P&L and Balance Sheet analysis to ensure all amounts are appropriately recorded. Identify, research and communicate variances versus forecast to finance stakeholders.
- Collaborate with numerous groups in NRT and Coldwell Banker including Facilities, Financial Planning and Analysis, Field Finance Managers, Metro leadership, Controllership and Financial Reporting
- Proactively raise issues to management regarding financial or operational metrics
- Identify opportunities to improve on financial processes
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- Strong technical and analytical capabilities (GAAP) and financial controls experience
- 4+ years of similar financial/accounting experience
- Must have excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills as this role will be working closely with internal teams, clients and other relevant parties
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with limited supervision
- Possess strong task management, attention to detail and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on assigned tasks and take on additional work as needed
- Real estate industry experience preferred but not required. Willingness to learn and contribute a must.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload.
NRT LLC, a subsidiary of Realogy Corporation, is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) and will make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations.Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws Realogy will provide reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants upon request during the application process to ensure equal opportunities to be considered for employment.