Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
at Cooper Standard Automotive Inc.
Posted in Finance 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Novi, Michigan
The Director of FP&A reports to the VP, Global FP&A and is responsible for the company’s five year strategic plan and all global product line reporting. In addition, by working closely with the Center Led functional senior management, this role will serve as controller for the Corporate and Center Led functions to develop and deliver the annual budget. This position will also be responsible for supporting additional activities such as M&A and corporate led initiatives. This position will be directly involved with development of materials for the Board of Directors and, therefore, accuracy and attention to detail are critical. This is a highly visible leadership role and the ideal candidate will be extremely analytical and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Partner with Corporate and Center-Led functional senior leadership to develop and manage the annual Corporate budget and related forecasts.
- Own the annual budget and related forecasts for all Corporate spending.
- Work with the regional FP&A teams and the Global Product Line Directors to consolidate and deliver the five strategic financial plans for each Global Product Line
- Partner with Global Product Line Directors to ensure alignment of product line strategy with five year regional strategic plans
- Develop executive compensation targets as part of the annual budgeting process and report on status quarterly
- Assist with the implementation of a new global planning tool
- Support M&A as needed
- Be prepared to discuss and present the financial forecast and complex analytics to an audience of senior executives
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description.
Education and Qualifications:
- Must possess 10+ years of relevant financial experience in a global manufacturing environment with at least 3 years in FP&A (regional/divisional/corporate). Experience in an automotive manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Education: BA/BS in Accounting or Finance is required, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present highly complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Act with a bias for action in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Able to be flexible and think creatively with the willingness to change, adapt and grow
- Unquestioned integrity and values that the organization can trust without reservation
- Advanced computer skills particularly in Excel and Powerpoint as well as experience with HFM, Oracle and ERP (SAP preferred)
Work Environment/Work Conditions:
- Professional Office Environment
- Temperature and noise may vary depending on external environmental conditions
- Must be able to travel including international on occasion, as needed
- Must wear proper personal protection equipment while on manufacturing floor
- Travel to manufacturing facilities or customer locations when required
- Equipment used requires proper training on the potential for and avoidance of injury
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.