Part Time-Houseman/Van Driver-Residence Inn by Marriott I-10 West/Park Row at Texas Western Management Partners, LP
Posted in Hospitality - Hotel 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
A Houseman responds promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Delivers guest requests and completes set up furniture items in guest rooms as requested.
- Removes items from hallways and transports to service areas, including debris, room service food and beverage trays, unread newspapers, soiled linens, and trash placed near Housekeeper carts.
- Cleans, maintains, and stores cleaning equipment.
- Identifies and reports preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
- Contact other departments directly for urgent repairs.
- Sets up and/or breaks down tables, chairs and audio visual equipment for banquet events.
- Cleans, stores, and secures all tables, chairs, audio/visual and other equipment used for banquet functions in an organized manner according to established procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness of banquet rooms or service areas.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the food and/or hospitality industry preferred. Basic reading, writing and math.
- High School or better
- TEAM PLAYER
- FAST PACED
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
See job description