Retirement Counselor, Dedicated (Greenville, SC)
Posted in Finance 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
The primary responsibility of the Retirement Counselor is to provide retirement education to our client's employees located in Greenville, SC.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing strategic relationships with centers of influence at various client locations
- Scheduling site visits at various client locations
- Delivering effective group presentations to diverse audiences on such topics as; features and benefits of the employer sponsored plans, budgeting, asset allocation and retirement readiness
- Conducting effective needs-based one-on-one consultations
- Spending 80% - 90% of their time at client locations educating plan participants around new enrollments, contribution rates, asset allocation and potential benefits of asset consolidation
- Working closely with internal business partners delivering increased client value
The successful candidate must also:
- Have knowledge around complex plans including Non-Qualified 457(f) top hat plans, 403(b), 457(b), 401(a), and 401(k). Also understanding ERISA v.s. Non ERISA plans
- Be well versed in Deferred Compensation, Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans as well as holistic retirement planning concepts
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of mutual funds/separate accounts, with an understanding of the risk/reward trade off for all securities
- Have experience with a consultative needs-based approach helping people in a financial services environment
- Minimum 3-5 years financial services/retirement experience preferred
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 and state life insurance licenses required
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently; results-oriented
- Must be willing to travel between client locations
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.