at Constellation Brands
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oakland Park, Florida
A shift brewer is responsible for all aspects of the brewing process including brewing, fermentation, cellaring, and finishing. This employee must be a hard working, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a passion for craft beer and a desire to continue learning and growing within the industry. The candidate should also be a sociable person who is comfortable occasionally representing the brewery in public. Natural leadership, integrity, loyalty, and a good sense of humor are all factors in who we hire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operating brewhouse and producing batches from start to finish
- Yeast handling and management
- Cellaring duties including fermentation management
- CIP (clean-in-place) of brewing and fermentation tanks, and other equipment
- Logging of all brewing related notes from brew day through fermentation, finishing, and packaging
- Following SOP (standard operating procedure) in each phase of brewing, fermentation, and packaging
- Maintaining clean brewing practices in the brewhouse and cellar
- Executing preventative maintenance on all brewhouse and cellar equipment
- Monitoring raw material inventory
- Three years experience in a commercial production brewery or high-volume brew pub
- A strong passion for brewing modern American beers as well as the desire to push the boundaries of experimental brewing
- An advanced understanding of all aspects of brewing including cellaring, yeast handling, CIP, and sanitization
- Strong organizational habits, a self-motivated work ethic, and good critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Flexibility in terms of hours and a willingness to work night shifts, weekends, and overtime
- Computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Office/spreadsheet programs
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as part of a team
EXPERIENCE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS PREFERABLE
- An understanding of quality assurance (QA) methods and techniques, laboratory operations, and basic knowledge of chemistry and biology
- Prior packaging, bottling, and racking experience
- Mechanical experience and aptitude
- Forklift operation or certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Heavy physical work including climbing stairs, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.
- Willing to work in wet, hot and cold conditions
- Willing to work in consistently loud environments
- Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
Funky Buddha Brewery
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.