Senior Financial Technology Analyst at Garmin International
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Olathe, Kansas
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
We're seeking a full time Senior Financial Technology Analyst to join our Finance team at our world headquarters in Olathe, KS. Essential functions for this role include:
- Support Oracle E-Business Suite ERP or other technology implementations and integrations of Garmin entities
- Support, develop and/or implement other technology related projects designed to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Garmin processes
- Provide clear project management communication/tracking/documentation for assigned projects
- Identify, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve errors and problems
- Establish, implement, and document related methods and procedures including process flows and training/user guides
- Provide training sessions when needed
- Responsible for testing, coordination, and implementation of Oracle upgrades/changes
- Research, propose, and implement process improvements, software features and system functionality
A Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Information Systems or other Technical degree and a minimum of 7 years experience in Accounting/Finance or IT.
Other key requirements for this role include:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of accounting functions and business processes
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in financial modules of Oracle E-Business Suite R12 ERP application. Consideration will be given for experience with similar ERP systems and relevant technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly
- Must possess prior work experience participating in software implementations
- Must demonstrate strong initiative and possess the ability to exercise sound judgment while working independently
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 25%, domestically and internationally
Candidates with IT related coursework and aptitude are preferred.
Our benefits, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life, keep us competitive and allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well-being and future. We offer a choice of healthcare plans—with low or no premiums—which consistently rank in the 90th percentile when compared to other high-tech employers, plus dental and vision plans for you and your family. In addition, our financial benefits rate 82% above the median for technology companies comparable in size. Our 401K retirement plan provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount.