SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST, GS 2210-14, IT INFRASTUCTURE DIVISION, WASHINGTON, D.C. (EXTERNAL) at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Open to ALL U.S. Citizens
Opening Date: February 6, 2018
Closing Date: February 20, 2018 11:59 pm (EST)
Questions regarding this opening should be directed to Shauna Rowe at (202) 202-324-7058 or email@example.com
Position: Supervisory IT Specialist, GS 14
Division: InformationTechnology Infrastructure Division (ITID)
Unit: Identity Management Services Unit (IMSU)
Location: Washington, DC
Working Hours: 8 :00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Salary: GS-14 - $ 114,590.00 - $148,967.00
Full Performance level: GS-14
Number of Positions Available: One (1)
Duration: Full Time/Permanent
Additional selections may be made from this announcement to fill positions within the same division when the position includes substantially the same duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret-SCI clearance
- Some travel may be required
- Selectee will be required to complete form FD-887, Request for Access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
The mission of the FBI is to protect the American People and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Information Technology Branch (ITB), Information Technology Infrastructure Division (ITID), Identity Management Services Unit's (IMSU) mission is to identify, evaluate, engineer, and maintain enterprise identity and access management (IdAM) solutions that provide authentication, authorization, and permission-based technologies to support, secure and enhance capabilities for the FBI.
Identity Management Services Unit (IMSU) is seeking a highly skilled professional leader with an engineering background, responsible for the oversight of engineering, identifying, and the delivering of enterprise IT products and services to the FBI.
- Directs and organizes IT Specialist engaged in technical work/projects providing a variety of IT services.
- Responsible for the development and performance of action plans related to the design, development and management of systems, software, network and procedures supporting the Division.
- Provides technical advice to IT specialist, other technical specialist and mangers based on a developed expertise in the field of IT.
- Determines the feasibility of employing new or modified IT to resolve the issues: assist in issues (i.e, such as the selection of hardware, software, and peripherals; system procedure; planning for system expansion; etc).
- Justify the impact of additional requirements on plans and system implementation.
- Develop close contact and working relationships with personnel in various functional activities throughout the FBI to effectively carry out and coordinate project activities.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBI's Candidate Rating Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement and will be compared to your responses to the online assessment questionnaire. High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from Most Competitive status.
Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Most Competitive, Competitive, or Least Competitive. Names of candidates in the Most Competitive category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Veterans' preference will be applied.
All applicants will be rated on the following Competencies:
- Problem Solving/Judgment
GS14: Applicant must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS13 grade level. SE is defined as follows:
- Project management skills that include planning, concept development, design, scheduling, installation/construction, and operations and maintenance of systems and facilities.
- Supervisory and leadership skills, experience in decision making, developing and leading teams, delegating duties, providing effective communications, and achieving results.
- Ability to manage and implement controls, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with database security
- Experience with hardening databases to comply with DOD standards
- Experience resolving and improving enterprise-wide IT systems and services, including managing and accounting for program performance
- Experience serving as an IT project manager, including analyzing system requirements, identifying standards and/or requirements for infrastructure
- Should be able to demonstrate knowledge and/or skills in Identity and Access Management, Provisioning and Access Control (PAC) or Authentication Services.
The following instructions outline our application process:
Step 1: Click the "Start" button to begin an application. You will be prompted to either Sign In to continue the application or to register with FBIJOBS if you don't already have an account.
Step 2: Follow the Step by Step process to submit an application. You will be guided through each step in the process. You are required to complete all sections of the application to successfully submit your application.
To apply to this position, interested applicants must provide a complete application package by the closing date which includes:
- Your resume, specifically noting relevant work experience and associated start and end dates
- A complete assessment questionnaire
- Other supporting documents
- College transcripts, if qualifying based on education or if there is a positive education requirement
- Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50
- Most recent Performance Appraisal; not applicable to current FBI employees
- Veterans: DD 214; Disabled Veterans: DD 214, SF-15, and VA letter dated 1991 or later
To attach documentation as part of your application, please follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Follow the steps of the application process until you reach the Attachments step.
Step 2: Click "Add Attachment".
Step 3: Select the appropriate Attachment Type (or "Other" if one is not available).
Step 4: Populate the "Attachment Purpose" field. Click "Continue".
Step 5: Choose the device on which the attachment is located.
Step 6: Upload the desired attachment.
Step 7: To add additional attachments at this point in the application process click the "+" on the Attachments step.
To attach documentation to your Global Profile please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Login to your FBI Jobs account, and click "My Submissions".
Step 2: Click the "Add Attachment" located under the "Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
Step 3: Follow steps 3 - 6 above.
You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the closing date of this announcement. If applying online is a hardship, please contact the HR Specialist listed in the vacancy announcement prior to the closing date for assistance.
What to Expect Next
Once your complete application is received we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your ranking. The Most Competitive candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of your status throughout the process.
- The FBI is in the Executive Branch of the federal government. It is one of the components of the Department of Justice (DOJ). The FBI is the principle investigative arm of the DOJ. All FBI positions are in the excepted service.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and consent to a complete background investigation, urinalysis, and polygraph. You must be suitable for Federal employment; as determined by a background investigation.
- Failure to provide necessary and relevant information required by this vacancy announcement may disqualify you from consideration. Additional information will not be requested if your application is incomplete. You application will be evaluated solely on the basis of information you have submitted.
- Identification of promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee selected at some future date. Promotion will depend upon administrative approval and the continuing need for an actual assignment and performance of higher-level duties.
- The selectee will be required to serve a two-year probationary period for initial assignment to a supervisory position.
- If you are hired, you will be required to serve a two-year probationary period. Probationary employees are generally precluded from being considered for all job opportunities until their 24-months of their probationary period has concluded. Probationary Employees may be considered for competitive vacancies that are advertised within their respective division or field office after serving 90 days within the FBI.
- The probationary periods will be served concurrently.
- Memorandum of Understanding: Work performed outside assigned duties (that would not normally be documented on an SF-50, i. e., back-up duties), has to be documented in detail by an immediate supervisor in order to receive full credit for amount of time worked in that position. If no documentation is furnished no credit will be given for time worked in that position. The following notations must be specified in the documentation (Memorandum of Understanding):
b. The month/year work began
c. Frequency worked (i.e., daily, monthly, etc.)
d. Specific duties performed
Attach the Memorandum of Understanding to your application in the "Cover Letters and Attachments" section of My Career Tools on the Careers Home page. Please upload the attachment as type "Other."
If you are entitled to veterans' preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume and application. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.
Nepotism is the act of favoring relatives in the hiring process, and is prohibited by law. Public officials are prohibited from hiring or promoting relatives or relatives of officials in their chain of command, as well as actively or indirectly endorse a relative's appointment or promotion.
During the hiring process, all selected candidates and FBI hiring managers will be required to certify they are not related to anyone involved in the hiring process.
Reasonable Accommodation Request
The FBI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please notify the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Affairs (OEEOA) Reasonable Accommodation (RA) Program by either e-mail at REASONABLE_ACCOMMODATIONS@ic.fbi.gov , telephone at 202-324-2158, or FAX at 202-324-3976. Your request will receive an individualized assessment.
This e-mail address is only for reasonable accommodation requests. Please do not submit your application and/or any questions unrelated to reasonable accommodations. Should any applications be received, they will not be forwarded for consideration during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The FBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise prohibited by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factors.
The FBI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation; sick leave; holidays; telework; life insurance; health benefits; and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp