Loan Support Specialist at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Southington, ConnecticutJob Description:
Workout Specialist -- Loss Mitigation intake
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Timely review all incoming documents to determine if the document(s) constitute a complete request for Loss Mitigation.
- Send written letters to borrowers confirming the Completeness or Incompleteness of their Loss Mitigation request package
- Monitor daily Loss Mitigation Outlook Mailbox activity for Intake Pkgs and related documentation and consumer complaints.
- Promptly open, stamp and log incoming mail and checks received, distributing in accordance with area procedures
- Order Credit Reports in accordance with staff requests ensuring that proper forms and controls are followed for handling confidential information
- Support research for Consumer Credit Disputes as assigned
- As needed file:
- Service Now tickets for system access and equipment orders
- File Supply Orders, ensuring that nonstandard materials are preapproved by area mgmt.
- File JLL tickets for facilities issue escalation
- Support Payroll Processing for R & R
- Support Invoice Payment through BKFS LoanSphere Invoicing
- Support coverage of the R&R Operation mailbox
- Support distribution of Daily PI Activity Reports
- Support Periodic PI Orders
- Order Valuations (DVI, Appraisal or BPO)
- As assigned, make outbound and take inbound Collections calls.
- Manage documentation to ensure files are properly organized and scanned to ONBASE for long term retention following applicable milestones in the loss mitigation, consumer compliant , cease & desist or loss mitigation appeal process
- Prepare documents for periodic audits, exams or reviews by internal of external parties.
- Assist area managers with other projects and initiatives as required.
- 2 - 4 years of experience a financial services or related industry environment with heavy administrative responsibilities
- Experience with the ALS and or MSP core lending applications and the Black Knight Loan Sphere would strengthen the candidates application
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency working with numbers and detailed documentation
- Candidate must be highly organized and able to manage multiple concurrent deadlines with electronic and paper based tools
- Must be PC and Microsoft Office proficient
- Prior experience with lending , especially default related activity would strengthen the candidates application